Guilt free illness?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lotusmark2

MB Enthusiast
Car
Fiat 500, Mercedes B200
Hi all,
Just wanted to put a question out there.
I have been off colour for the last 5-6 weeks with one cold after another amongst other things and now I have been hit by Sinusitis 3 days after clearing a chest infection!

So getting to the point, I have worked through everything to this point including business trips around Europe and the USA and yet I'm sat here feeling guilty for not going into work today and thinking perhapse I need to take a few days out.

Does anyone else get this?
M

Hi all,
Just wanted to put a question out there.
I have been off colour for the last 5-6 weeks with one cold after another amongst other things and now I have been hit by Sinusitis 3 days after clearing a chest infection!

So getting to the point, I have worked through everything to this point including business trips around Europe and the USA and yet I'm sat here feeling guilty for not going into work today and thinking perhapse I need to take a few days out.

M

Yup. I am dreadful at being off work and Mrs. Gollom (quite rightly) gives me grief. She points out that were I dead :)crazy: :eek:), work would survive.

So I wait till her back is turned before I check my mail :devil:

Yup - because you can guarantee that the days you drag yourself in all is well, but the day you take off is the day it goes belly up. :(

Steve, you've got Flee screaming "thank you Carol" think she agrees with her

Typical women ganging up on us poor males :p

Hope you get better soon Mark. Have a number of health giving 'nanas

:bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana: :bannana:

It's professional pride and all credit for sticking with it. If however you become irratible, or you turn in below par work.... then time out to recouperate.

John

Thanks John, yeah thats where I'm up to. No way I can think my way through too much at the moment

Last edited:
I had sinusitus earlier in the year and it was horrible. Took me ages to shift it and I ended up with antibiotics and a special steroid spray I had to squirt up my nose. Therefore you have my total sympathy!

I ended up taking time off work (unpaid - I'm a contractor) just to try and get rid of it.

Get well soon.

Have you seen the quacks? You might need some help if it's developing into Sinusitis - which is horrible. I find Sudofed tabs work really well.

Hope you feel better soon and maybe a few days off is what you need. Better still - a nice break in Sunny Torquay - oh you have that coming up already:D :D

M

Yup, I was off sick for the first time in at least three years in June. I had (without being graphic) a 'stomach upset', and even though I hadn't slept for two nights, and felt like death warmed up, I still felt guilty calling in sick for a couple of days. The fact that my boss rang me up to ask about a job I was working on didn't help either. :rolleyes:

Yep, been given Nasonex, Co-dydramol and Pseudophedrine to take...wonder why I feel a little spaced out ;)

Psssst - want me to sell some for you? I have the car with bling! wheels and tints.... :devil:

i have been at work all weekend with a chronic kidney infection:( (work in a social club)but because my staff keep pullin sickies :mad: i had to work or no one get their beer:eek: :eek: :eek:

Chill!

Stress and fatigue can down regulate the bodies immune system making you more prone to infections and if you've been flying a lot then the pressurised aircraft air is a great place to pick up airborne infections. Time to take a break to build up your natural defences again. The one thing I don't like are "dedicated " members of staff struggling in to work from their sickbed just to give all their colleagues the same affliction . :rolleyes: This misguided behaviour does no-one any favours IMHO.:crazy:

I ended up taking time off work (unpaid - I'm a contractor) just to try and get rid of it.....

That really must have been bad! You have another contractor's sympathy ;)

No doubt about it though, being self employed is better for the health. Despite being at death's door numerous times (which my wife, in that irritating way women have of not recognising serious illness, dismisses as a 'cold'. As if!) I haven't thrown a sickie in twelve years......... As for holidays, don't know the meaning of the word :crazy: . When you're busy, you're too busy, when you're not busy you're chasing your tail trying to pick up enough work to become busy. Never seems to be a right time.

Just as well I enjoy it - best job in the world :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom