Gulf Semi Synthetic oil at Home Bargains!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AnilS

Heads up guys.

Popped into Home Bargains (Cape Hill - Birmingham) whilst I was early for the Merc service round the corner, and spotted the above oil for £10 (4 litres).

Specific spec was MB 229.1;)

So, mine takes 8 litres, so 2 packs and an oil filter makes for a cheap oil change :thumb:

Although I had my SL serviced (great service BTW), I could'nt resist a pack for top ups.

Heres the blurb;

Gulf Tec Plus 10w-40 is a high performance semi-synthetic car motor oil designed to provide optimum performance in high-output, multi valve, turbocharged or supercharged petrol and diesel engines. The advanced additive technology incorporated in this oil enables it to exceed the stringent performance requirements of leading passenger car manufacturers and global industry standards.

Gulf Tec Plus 10w-40 is designed to exceed the requirements of ACEA A3/B4 specification and is suitable for many Peugeot, Citroen and Nissan vehicles.
Gulf Tec Plus 10w40 - Manufacturer Approvals

* ACEA A3 / ACEA B4
* API SL / CF
* Mercedes MB 229.1
* VW 505 00

Last edited:
You might want to review THIS Thread. I would not put anything from India anywhere near my car :eek:

Cheers. Just read it and still not put off.;)

I'm also Indian, I put me in my car with no ill effect :thumb:

Petronas is a Malaysian company and they seem to be doing pretty good oil...?

Cheers. Just read it and still not put off.;)

I'm also Indian, I put me in my car with no ill effect :thumb:

No offence intended I have just had some bad business experiences buying petrochemical intermediates from India, much like my Chinese experiences now only buy from US, Malaysia and Germany. :thumb:

No offence intended I have just had some bad business experiences buying petrochemical intermediates from India, much like my Chinese experiences now only buy from US, Malaysia and Germany. :thumb:

None taken. :thumb:

Back in 1988/9 I actually worked for Gulf (Haverfordwest Refinery) and they made very high quality stuff.

The oil shows as the correct spec (grade and API) for my car so we'll see come top up time;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom