GULF STATES TURN OFF THE TAP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Obviously the last thing we should inflict on the planet is another global conflict.
We did plenty of ecological damage with our previous militeria.
If we were stupid enough to allow a WW3, it wouldn't just be the human population that would be effected, we would also render Earth uninhabitable to pretty much any life too, wouldn't we.?
As for the Chinese one child policy, they are probably the only government that is able (let alone willing) to take a global perspective. However even with that unique standpoint, they have chosen to abandon the strategy in preference for ecenomical convenience.
What chance do we have to address the problem if no governments are even acknowledging it, let alone discussing any potential strategies.??

Understood, but are we all doomed, or are there any practical steps we can and should be taking?

As for the Chinese one child policy, they are probably the only government that is able (let alone willing) to take a global perspective. However even with that unique standpoint, they have chosen to abandon the strategy in preference for ecenomical convenience.

China's population is now in decline so they don't need the one child policy. United Nations estimates show China’s total population falling by up to 100 or 200 million by 2050. They are simply following the same natural decline in fertility rates as every other developed country without needing to mandate a one child policy. It had in any case some undesirable consequences such as skewed male/female ratio and a major future problem with demographics. There is a lot wrong with China but they are trying to manage emissions albeit at their own pace.

If there is one thing that's certain it;s that world population will reach a peak and then decline, the only question is when.

REMOVED, KIDS READ THIS FORUM.

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve been hearing that since I was a nipper and at 56, nothings changed. It’s about time somebody clever came up with an alternative.
Moving the retirement age, moving from defined benefit to defined contribution and allowing generous tax benefits on private schemes has been the push to do something about it. Politically it’s difficult. See what’s happening in France.

I’ve been hearing that since I was a nipper and at 56, nothings changed. It’s about time somebody clever came up with an alternative.
and it 'aint sustainable as it requires continual population growth. A contradiction to saving the planet.

Ever seen Logan's run?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom