Gullwing replica anyone??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Abb

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mercedes
What would have been the base for this? Or do they come in kit form? Anyway, I likes it.......a lot!

Does look convincing to this non-expert (except the engine), but I'll bet he's out of the price ceiling for a replica.

All depends on how well it's done. Original cars can fetch 7 figures and so a good replica should fetch 6 figures.
I remember watching an episode of Bitchin' Rides (Kindigit Customs) where a customer bought in a gullwing replica. It seemed good until they measured all of the hinges, vents, panels etc etc. It was almost completely re-done, was stunning when completed.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That does look very nice!!
:) 👍

I've never worn a replica rolex although I've driven many replica cars
Is driving a replica car like wearing a fake Rolex? :) What is the point?
I've never worn a fake rolex although I have driven many replica cars so can't compare :p

Looks like a labour of love for somebody, if it has taken seven years to build. Is "INSURENCE TAXATIE 300.000 EURO" meant to say that it has an insurance valuation of 300,000 Euros , I wonder?

I also wonder what Mercedes it is under the skin?

It's just idle curiosity, though; if I had a spare £150K to spend on a car, it certainly wouldn't be on a replica anything.

All depends on how well it's done. Original cars can fetch 7 figures and so a good replica should fetch 6 figures.
I remember watching an episode of Bitchin' Rides (Kindigit Customs) where a customer bought in a gullwing replica. It seemed good until they measured all of the hinges, vents, panels etc etc. It was almost completely re-done, was stunning when completed.

I just watched those two episodes, it became rather addictive. I will have to watch some of their other builds. That was awesome. The detail in the build and it took over two years!

That will be crushed , as are all Gullwing replicas , or more accurately , lookalikes , once the Daimler corporate lawyers get sight of it , since the design of the body shell is copyrighted .

There have been several published cases of this being done .

Don't waste your money

It isn't a true replica ; merely a 'lookalike' . A proper replica would be constructed with entirely original components , or accurate reproductions of unobtainable original components , in this case a reproduction space frame using authentic original materials and to original dimensions , as well as the correct mechanical components etc etc .

I've contacted the seller , asking how he plans to avoid the car being seized , and the body crushed , given the car is in Germany , and by now , Daimler corporate must have seen the advert ...

I got the following reply back from the seller : he doesn’t seem to understand the legal position. Concerning given he , and presumably the car , is in Germany .

“This is only for buissenes people
Privat People have no Problem
The Mercedes Club send message to me this is a wonderful exemplar” ☹️🙁😕

I messaged him back , pointing out the car in the article was confiscated from a private buyer . No response so far .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom