Gummi Pfledge special offer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is this a good product to lessen the squeaks / noises on the cab roof. Do you have experience of using it. Thanks in advance. Charles

I asked the forum what the best product for taking care of the car rubber as i have the SL model and rubbers are often a problem if not taken care of.
This sounded the best option for me in the price range.
It is easy to apply but only time will tell how good it is for my car.

Not sure if it would stop squeaks maybe others can advise.

I researched treating rubber seals when I bought my 968 cab about 4 years ago. Loads of comment on VW Eos forums as apparently these cars are very prone to roof seal problems. Krytox was the VW recommendation - but it's bloody expensive, even at "other than VW main dealer" prices. Gummi was product of choice for many.

I bought it, used it both on my cab and on the door and tailgate seals of the S204 - it improved things a lot, so I continue using it (re-do the seals about every 6 months, and particularly just before the weather turns cold), have recommended it to other 968 owners and had positive comments. It's normally about £8 for 100ml, so this deal at £15 for 300ml is excellent, if I had not recently stocked up I'd go for it!!

Bought some gummi pfledge recently for our e cab. We had problems with the roof down/windows up.
Having applied the product to the window seals it has improved things in that it has cured the squeak on the passenger side but we still have a slight rattle on the drivers side. Seems like the front window is rattling against the rear window at the top. It can be cured by dropping the rear window by 5mm to separate it from the front window.
I've read elsewhere that it might be related to the window guides in the door panels and that some models head a removable grommet in the bottom of the door to allow tightening of the guide. I've checked ours & there are no grommets that I can see.
Any suggestions on how to stop the rattle?

It say it can also be used on plastics, so I wonder if any of you have tried it on the window wiper plastic cover thing

Just to echo Chrishazle's comments.

My wife has a VW EOS with squeaky roof seals and the VW dealer told her that the seals needed replacing although they did recommend trying Krytox.

She did some research and found an excellent webpage that suggested using Gummi Pfledge as a cheaper alternative as well as giving clear instructions on how and where to apply it. We gave the seals a first application last weekend and the results were spectacular - no squeaking at all.

We plan to give it a second treatment in a few weeks' time and I've read elsewhere on this forum that it's worth giving the seals another application before the first frost of the winter so that the tops of the windows don't stick to the roof seals and can drop to allow the doors to open.

I used it on my 30 year old 124 estate. The seals come up like new. I then went a bit crazy and started treating almost every rubber bit I could find in the car and engine bay. It is good stuff which does what it says on the tin.

I agree its good stuff i added it once this year but will be throwing on an extra coat ready for the winter months.
I am told that when the frost comes this helps the rubbers not stick to the windows so can help prevent damage to your rubbers.

I bought some many years ago when I had a BMW and have used it ever since. good stuff at a good price IMHO.

I used to get this stuff in the Co-op in Switzerland, didn't realise it was like catnip to you guys. I would have bought a few crates of it back and flogged it.

The old BMW version (I still have a green tube) is more like a clear grease whereas the Co-op version is a very thin milky white liquid.

Great stuff though...

S

Definitely worth buying a little bottle of it and going mad applying it to every seal and rubber edge you can. I had a BMW Z4 for a couple of harsh winters oop north and it was very beneficial and still apply it to other cars now just out of habit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom