Gurka Justice

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

glojo

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
S211 Sprinter 213CDI, & the new T-class
Many apologies if this has been previously published.

Last month we saw the High Courts applying common sense and ruling that it is unlawful to exclude Gurkas that retired before 1997 from our beautiful country.

Guess what?

The government has not changed the rules.

Joanna Lumley is asking for 1m names on a petition. PLEASE consider signing it.

Yours sincerely
John

Already done and I have some very nice emails from Joanna which give me warm and fuzzy feelings

No really, it is her, not some spotty charity IT geek. But no matter, the way they have been treated is beyond a disgrace.

Somalian criminal posing as refugee? Welcome!

Soldier of the Queen? Bugger off.

Done
Having worked with the Gurkas in Bosnia I have always had respect for these soldiers

Done John
I despair at this country who makes all our stupid rules they must be suffering with altzimers.:crazy:

Already done and I have some very nice emails from Joanna which give me warm and fuzzy feelings

No really, it is her, not some spotty charity IT geek. But no matter, the way they have been treated is beyond a disgrace.

Somalian criminal posing as refugee? Welcome!

Soldier of the Queen? Bugger off.
Thanks very much for signing it but lets not lower the tone by making it a political rant about the wrongs of our society.

These men are an elite group of soldiers that are proud to fight for our Queen and we should be proud they want to settle in our country. I know your sentiments regarding this issue and was afraid I might have duplicated a post you might have made :eek: ;)

Regards
John

Done with pleasure.

Thanks very much for signing it but lets not lower the tone by making it a political rant about the wrongs of our society.

These men are an elite group of soldiers that are proud to fight for our Queen and we should be proud they want to settle in our country. I know your sentiments regarding this issue and was afraid I might have duplicated a post you might have made :eek: ;)

Regards
John

Fair enough but I do not think Politics come into it: this nonsense has perpetuated itself across Governments of both political shades for many years and really boils down to long held arrogance and basic contempt for ordinary soldiers within the MoD and senior civil service.

There are quite a few mandarins still about who have the ink stains of this issue on their fingers, hence their lack of will to do anything.

Done
Having worked with the Gurkas in Bosnia I have always had respect for these soldiers
Done, Again I have pointed out my views on the subject many times on her and other forums. I Too have had the pleasure to work with these Soldiers on many occasions. They spill their blood for our country, they should be given full citizenship on retirement. I would do anything I could given the chance to help these guys...

Done, Again I have pointed out my views on the subject many times on her and other forums. I Too have had the pleasure to work with these Soldiers on many occasions. They spill their blood for our country, they should be given full citizenship on retirement. I would do anything I could given the chance to help these guys...
Snap :)
I am very biased and cannot express my frustration regarding this disgraceful saga. I'm also grateful to Joanna Lumley but there are bigger celebrities than her that should have put their heads above the parapet.

John

done

Sorted!

and posted on facebook!!

Last edited:
done and I cant believe it. 86429 signatures at 17.50

done....and forwarded to friends & colleagues

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom