GW Trackday Tyres Pressures - Tomorrow

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mika

MB Enthusiast
Car
mercedes
Hi Gents

what tyre pressures are you guys planning on running?

ive just set mine (C63) at -2psi versus the handbook ie 39psi all round as opposed to 41psi

its going to be rather cold ( less than 5 degrees C )tomorrow do you think that makes any odds?

:thumb:

Your best bet is to set them like you say at -2 or 3 psi lower. Go out and do a few laps and recheck all 4 wheels as soon as you come in.
When i run my 888's (45/17s) I start at around 33 then check them a couple of times through the day. I have been to around 30 on pit exit before as it depends how much stick you give them.
Having TPMS would be ideal and not that expensive. Worth doing if you are due to get new shoes all round soon.

Hi Gents

what tyre pressures are you guys planning on running?

ive just set mine (C63) at -2psi versus the handbook ie 39psi all round as opposed to 41psi

its going to be rather cold ( less than 5 degrees C )tomorrow do you think that makes any odds?

:thumb:

Mika, I also have gone your route, let it down 2 PSI over standard, but will monitor it after a couple of sessions, think whilst cold, its going to be a good day, a group of us who know each other from this forum and a great array of different cars attending also. C U tomorrow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom