Gyeon Duraflex... any good?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Clawhamer

Car
Current: C43 C205 Gone: BMW M4 Cab
Hi all, my car arrived from the dealership with some deep scratches on the boot lid which were noted on the delivery slip. I’ve been advised to get a quote to correct this and the dealership will cover the cost. So I’ve been to a detailer who is going to fix the issue on the boot lid and also correct the rest of the paint, if required, and basically prep the car for paint protection. I’ve been quoted for the Gyeon Duraflex 5 year protection but this is a brand and product I’ve never heard of before. I’m wondering if anybody has had this applied to their car and can offer any insight or if there are detailers on the forum with experience of this product that can offer an opinion. Thanks in advance, CH.

Gyeon Ceramic coatings is one of many ceramic coatings around. Seems pretty on par with many branded ones.
The important factor still lies in the preparation of paintwork before coating applied.
5 year protection is only viable if meticulous maintanence washing technique applied and their T&Cs will usually state that Gyeon products will need to be used in maintanence washes etc etc..

Thanks for your reply. Do you have any idea what I should be paying for having this applied to the paintwork?

Thanks for your reply. Do you have any idea what I should be paying for having this applied to the paintwork?

All depends on how much prep work needed.
Full correction can take up to 5-6 days, including wet sanding some bits if needed.
Ranges between 600-1500, depending on area and installers reputation.
The coating itself is not expensive. It is the time spent correcting paintwork.

Usual normal price range about 600-800 if deep scratches, as it will involve wet sanding.

All depends on how much prep work needed.
Full correction can take up to 5-6 days, including wet sanding some bits if needed.
Ranges between 600-1500, depending on area and installers reputation.
The coating itself is not expensive. It is the time spent correcting paintwork.

Usual normal price range about 600-800 if deep scratches, as it will involve wet sanding.
Appreciate this info. I’ve been quoted the lower end of that which makes sense as the car is new with a small issue on the boot lid. So it basically a new car prep and then the coating. Thanks very much for this info 👍🏼

£600 is a bout right.

I have it on some of my cars, and about to have another done. Gyeon are good quality products but as suggested it’s the preparation which makes the difference between and good and great job.

My car is covered with Gyeon Products including duraflex. Its been 18 months and the car cleans up lovely.

I do use a few Gyeon products as it aids in keeping the protection longer.

As previously mentioned the price is largely made up of the labour of removing swirl marks from a single stage paint correction.

I would agree with prices being between 600-1500.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom