Gym Prices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

davycaslad

Car
C 320 cdi sport
New year is coming and the fitness bug is biting how much is everyone paying for there gym membership ?

Sorry all if this sounds cheeky but no one tells you on the websites, its all come round have a look at our nice shiny stuff and then heres the price :crazy:

£35 for Canons, off peak but they never seem to care if i go at peak..... now called Nuffield Health..

Hi

Fitness First £14.95/month pay £1 every time you go and £5 joining fee.

Hi

Fitness First £14.95/month pay £1 every time you go and £5 joining fee.

How did you get that price? No offers like that currently on at any Fitness First I've been to.

I pay £78pm for me and the wife to use any Fitness First :crazy:

heh - I don't care, they don't pay my wages any more...

Just finished paying £26 at virgin active. Looking at Fitness first who want £35 a month - deals to be had so I won't be signing up until they drop it to £30/£32 a month

Haven't you heard about the credit crunch?

Save yourself the cost of membership and the cost of driving to the gym:

keep_fit.jpg

Buy these http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/3000-extra-te...286.c0.m14&_trkparms=66:2|65:10|39:1|240:1318 turn them into £120 worth of deals & use them here http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals...02|Health & Fitness*4294966501|Gym Membership

If you can persuade a couple of lardy gym dodging friends to do the same you & give you the vouchers you can get an annual membership for a fraction of the real cost.

I did this for annual passes for Chessington, Thorpe Park etc, etc for my kids ( http://www.tesco.com/clubcard/deals/product.aspx?R=393 ) & got £375 worth of passes for about £65.

mine is £20 a month for a small local gym. Dirt cheap and full of kit so dont think you have to go to the big names! :)

mines 47.50 for platinum fitness first, its high cos i have to use the city branches :(

Walk to local woods. Free
Taking the stairs. Free
Play with the kids. Free
Wash own car. Free
Hoover own house. Free
Mow own lawn . Free
My weight has stayed exactly the same for longer than I can remember:)

Working at my place is guaranteed to lose you a couple of stone :eek:

Virgin Active in Stockley park (close to where I work, if it takes me too long to get there I lose any shred of motivation): £62 a month, all included

i.e.
Gym
Pool
Hourly classes of random things, like Tae-bo, box-fit, spinning, and other random cardiovascular things

I then supplement that with bi-weekly Krav Maga classes @ £7

M.

Haven't you heard about the credit crunch?

Save yourself the cost of membership and the cost of driving to the gym:

keep_fit.jpg

I find it astonishing that my daughter will drive to the gym, then go for a run *outside* then get in her car and drive home. I thought maybe she got changed there and showered but she often doesn't even go through the doors. Madness.

Rory
I find that astonishing too, but reading this thread has made me wonder why does anyone pay gym membership for a fitness gym. With what peeps are spending they could buy a reasonable bike, gear and running gear and still save money as well as gain use whenever they want.

Rory
I find that astonishing too, but reading this thread has made me wonder why does anyone pay gym membership for a fitness gym. With what peeps are spending they could buy a reasonable bike, gear and running gear and still save money as well as gain use whenever they want.

But there are no fit girls to look at if you go that route.:D :D

I cancelled my Esporta membership about six or seven years ago, because I hadn't been for ages - struggled to find time on weekdays due to work. I kept up monthly payments thinking I'd make time, but never did.

IIRC it went up to £68 per month when I cancelled - a lot of money to occasionally use the jacuzzi and swim outside (not keen on the inside pool). I loved it when the weather was like this though - swimming outside with snow all around was fantastic - sort of James Bond-ish.

For some reason, swimming outside at home isn't half as exciting, possibly because I know the gas meter is spinning like mad!! In fact we only really use it for Jnr D's birthday parties, and that's in July so not so costly to heat!! Maybe I should?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom