H&R vs Eibach Pro Kit lowering

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

L80OUS

Car
W213 EClass
I love the ride of my E220 and want to change it as little as possible, however I think she sits a bit to high on the standard AMG 18s", which I also love and don't want to change.

So which lowering kit is recommended with the above in mind?

Cheers

Eibach are also saying they Pro-kit won't fit my car due to it having the AMG suspension (677), no one else come across this? I see lots of people running these springs

Either are great. I found the H&R would point the nose a bit higher than Eibach from experience on Bms in the old days. I’d say H&R on mercs are better. MOST important thing is to change the shocks to match. If you don’t , you’ll have a bouncy castle.

Either are great. I found the H&R would point the nose a bit higher than Eibach from experience on Bms in the old days. I’d say H&R on mercs are better. MOST important thing is to change the shocks to match. If you don’t , you’ll have a bouncy castle.

That sounds like fun tho - my son would crack up :)

I've got a W212 125th anniversary edition with 18s on, and I have scraped the bottom of my car on countless occasions. Speedbumps on public roads, ramps to access parking an car parks (big car parks used by 1000's a day). I'm pretty sure nothing is broken or misbehaving. My wife just shouts 'you shouldn't have got such a stupid car!!!!!!!'

I had no idea that an E class was such a 'low rider' otherwise I might have reconsidered (and got an SL500 to make sure :cool:)

I'll measure my car in the morning and report the ground clearance, but I definitely won't be lowering mine.

I love the ride of my E220 and want to change it as little as possible, however I think she sits a bit to high on the standard AMG 18s", which I also love and don't want to change.

Cheers
Both are reputable brands known for quality. I only ever fitted aftermarket springs once and I went for H&R. I wasn’t looking to lower the car, I was just fed up on Mercedes springs snapping. They were great 👍🏻

Have heard only good things ref H&R. Have you looked at KW adjustable springs?

Cheers

Dm me the ones youre looking at as I may be able to get a better deal on them. :)

Eibach seem to go a bit lower than H&R but otherwise quality and ride would be the same.
Just see which offers the lowering amount you prefer.

H&R all the the way, had them on about 6 cars, including my current current C207, no problems at all. :) 👍

Dm me the ones youre looking at as I may be able to get a better deal on them. :)

Eibach seem to go a bit lower than H&R but otherwise quality and ride would be the same.
Just see which offers the lowering amount you prefer.

There the ones I'm after

I'll measure my car in the morning and report the ground clearance

For info, I measure my ground clearance as 15 to 16.5cm, depending on what's sticking out of the bottom of the car. Don't know what 'normal' needs to be to clear speedbumps on the road and access mainstream car parks?

There the ones I'm after

Eibach are legendary , but there's a bit of marketing there , -40mm , naaa most Pro Kit are a nominal -30mm .

And progressive spring design , ( marketing ) most are linear !

What's your exact spec , year , model , engine code , output , etc ?

Eibach are legendary , but there's a bit of marketing there , -40mm , naaa most Pro Kit are a nominal -30mm .

And progressive spring design , ( marketing ) most are linear !

What's your exact spec , year , model , engine code , output , etc ?

2014 W212 E220 CDI (170ps) AMG Sport, not bluetech

Definitely comes up with E10-25-021-02-22 but states as you've already mentioned for vehicles without AMG suspension .

I'd phone Eibach UK for some clarification
01455 285850 .

I've used Eibach pro on BMW and Skoda in the past and been very impressed with the stance, ride quality and longevity.

In my opinion the H&R can sit slightly lower at the rear whereas Eibach sit slightly lower at the front which looks better.

I've also heard people saying the H&R can be a bit more on the firm side. Not tried them myself though so can't really say for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom