H&R vs Eibach Pro w204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

J4miejenks

Car
C200
Hi guys,

Will be looking to get some lowering springs in the near future, the 2 sets I've seen so far are the H&R lowers approx 40mm and Eibach pro kit approx 30mm lower.

I'm favouring the H&R set at the moment as I'd prefer the 40mm drop! Despite having eibach on all my previous cars.

Has anyone got recommendations on either? Also I have the cdi sport, will I still see a 40mm drop? As I presume my car is lower than non-sport models, and will the 40mm be ok come mot time? As I don't want the springs falling out of the cups!

Does have any other recommendations? And the cheapest place to buy?

Thanks in advance

40mm sounds a lot
I had the KW set up put on mine and only lowered it by 10mm (adjustable)

To low and it will potentially look like a boy racer special......just my opinion and others will probably disagree

It's only an inch give or take, which isn't much.

My last car was lowered 50mm but had to upgrade shocks, etc. so wanted to confirm if the 40mm would require this?

The kids these days aren't impressed unless its 60mm+, with the introduction of budget coilovers...

Coilovers are hassle, as most just 'whack' them on personally I'd rather buy reputable and get laser 4 wheel alignment etc when installed. :)

Excessive lowering can cause a strain on some of the suspension arm joints as they have to run at one end of their designed range of movement. Again the shocks may need to changed as they may not have much operational travel before bottoming out. I would venture some of the "slammed on the cheap" cars are potentially unsafe or at least experience excessive wear on the suspension components. :dk:

YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN THIS REVIEW? http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/tests/eibach_hr_rd_s.jsp

Last edited:
I can buy adjustable drop links if required, but it's usually safe to go 30-40mm...

I know a little about lowering cars, as I've done it several times, was after personal experiences of either set ups, pros and cons and if anyone had come across any issues when installing the H&R springs ie shorter shocks, adjustable drop links, etc.

As I'd prefer OEM shocks and drop links, but feel my merc is a tad high, doesn't helping always having low cars I suppose...haha

I would be interested to see what route you go down in the end and where you get the springs from as I just got a C250 CDI sport also and have been looking at the options.

When I've fitted Eibach pro springs to my m sport they quoted 35mm but only dropped it 20mm due to it being a sport model not a standard car. Look in the description for springs it may say in there if the model of car affects the amount they lower the car.

When I've fitted Eibach pro springs to my m sport they quoted 35mm but only dropped it 20mm due to it being a sport model not a standard car. Look in the description for springs it may say in there if the model of car affects the amount they lower the car.

I had a feeling this might be the case!

Thanks for the heads up :)

I would be interested in seeing how you get on with what you choose- leaning towards the eibachs myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom