H7 led bulbs, Any use?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JimC200

Car
2004 w211 estate 2.2 cdi manual, 177k mls
I seen led h7 bulbs to replace dipped headlights on my c200 would they be as bright as standard? I know they'll look way better

Completely and justifiably illegal. Run Forrest, run!!

My brother in law bought a second hand Golf GTi and couldn't see in the dark. The lights looked ok except they cast very little useable light on the road. Avoid.

If you want a proper bulb so that you can see the road but that won't be as errr pretty? I'd go for Philips Extreme 100% as they are very, very good and hadily completely legal.

If you want a proper bulb so that you can see the road but that won't be as errr pretty? I'd go for Philips Extreme 100% as they are very, very good and hadily completely legal.
Osram night breakers very good too, tranformed the pitiful dip beam on my Corvette. Legal, too.

Osram night breakers very good too, tranformed the pitiful dip beam on my Corvette. Legal, too.

I've put Osram Nightbreaker Plus on all 3 cars and they make a huge difference. I remember reading a review and the Philips and Nightbreakers both came out as good as each other.

Put it this way, Mercedes themselves only offer full LED headlight options on the SLS and new CLS at great cost.

The technology for decent LEDs that are powerful enough being mass market is a few years off yet.

As others said... Philips Extreme or Osram Nightbreaker Plus are the only options for H7-fitted cars (i.e. no HID) - everything else is either illegal or unsafe.

And they don't cost too much either... but when buying you may want to get 4 bulbs while you're at it, for both the dipped and high beams.

Why fit bulbs that another user said weren't that bright? Isn't that the purpose of fitting aftermarket bulbs? :dk:Or is it about being seen, not seeing?
I'm sure they'll be brighter than the standard bulbs maybe he meant relatively speaking they weren't that bright, that's a subjective statement much like the people who say they're the best bulbs ever, and yes part of my reasoning is to have my car look good seems on here that's frowned upon?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom