had a bump in the rear....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pimpdriver

Car
2002 W210 Elegance Estate
Last thursday evening I was driving home, sat in traffic and a bloke drove in the back of m 2002 W210 estate (S210 I guess).

Scratch on bumper.
Tailgate pushed in (but not the boot itself - all the right shape). The boot shuts fine too.

Got a payout coming from the 3rd party too.

My question is...

Remove boot inner panel and kick it back out, and touch up the paint scratches?

Also,the boot doesn't "soft close" anymore, and the lights don't flash when I lock it.

Probably just needs a new motor for the boot, hopefully that will sort it out.

Any thoughts?

Is it easy to remove boot inner panel and change the boot motor?

Thanks

Steve

update on this, if you're interested.

Got cash in lieu of repair, and got the boot lid whacked out by my garage for £25. Boot motor sorted itself out a few weeks ago.
Just need to wash it and touch up a couple of chips in the paint.

Hope you got decent cash as insurance would probably have written it off!!

Ernie

Hope you got decent cash as insurance would probably have written it off!!

Ernie

My insurance wanted to write it off but I went through 3rd party and they offered Cash.

Its a weird situation where they have a "policy" of writing cars off, but legally they have to put you back in the position you were in prior to the crash.

Write off policy is not helped by hugely inflated insurance repair costs.

My 6 month old C Class was written off last year with an estimated repair cost of £21k, but was back on the road in less than 1 month when I got 2 speeding tickets for it.

Ernie

My 6 month old C Class was written off last year with an estimated repair cost of £21k, but was back on the road in less than 1 month when I got 2 speeding tickets for it.

Ernie

Or the number pplates were!

With £21K of damage it is highly unlikely that the car was repaired and if it was it would ,I imagine, take longer than that to repair.

Or the number pplates were!

With £21K of damage it is highly unlikely that the car was repaired and if it was it would ,I imagine, take longer than that to repair.
I would have thought so too! The picture from the back certainly looked like mine, even down to the mudflaps. However, at the time it hadn't been VID'd according to DVLA and now it seems to have disappeared off their radar altogether.

Ernie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom