Had a day on the car today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Felstmiester

MB Enthusiast
Car
Range rover sport
Bored this morning. So decided to give the merc and the wives car a clean. After a two hour round trip out on thurs night it was covered in crap!! The merc that is.

Got the jet wash set up. Snow foamed em both. Left em to dwell then rinsed em both. Ran out of snow foam!! What was left in the bottle I mixed up and foamed the merc before a 2 bucket wash.

The wife's car got washed with the water from both buckets put into the one from washing mine lol. Well she normally gets it washed in the local multi story because she can't be bothered to find a parking space when she goes shopping, so it won't make much difference.

Back to the merc!! Dried it off with micro towel. Then went round it with auto glym resin polish. I really took my time with this getting into every nook. Then after polishing that off I went round with auto glym extra gloss. I then dried off the wheels and done them with planet polish. After this I realised I had also ran out of tyre shine witch I was gutted about because for me this really finishes off the clean look. I also had help from my 9 year old daughter towards the end. She's polished off the wheel sealant and I set her the mission of doing the exhaust tips with the autosol. A job I hate!!

I've always liked cleaning my own cars but never been into detailing, although it's getting to that stage now with different polishes, sealers, wheel sealers etc. although I know my neighbours are watching me thinking what a palava. It's kind of very awarding at the end of the day knowing you've done your very best to clean you pride and joy as much as you possibly could.

Anyway!! I enjoyed it and the fact I had my little helper made it all the more enjoyable. I have to now stock up on car cleaning/detailing stuff. Most important!! Tyre shine, micro fibre cloths, snow foam, shampoo, and something to do the window rubbers. Any recommendations on any of the above would be great!! And the best place to get it. Please note!! I am no detailing freak, so may not know if what I've written above is the right way.

Well done, now I've bought a nice car and with retirement pending, I need to get into some detailing:)

Bored this morning. So decided to give the merc and the wives car a clean. After a two hour round trip out on thurs night it was covered in crap!! The merc that is.

Got the jet wash set up. Snow foamed em both. Left em to dwell then rinsed em both. Ran out of snow foam!! What was left in the bottle I mixed up and foamed the merc before a 2 bucket wash.

The wife's car got washed with the water from both buckets put into the one from washing mine lol. Well she normally gets it washed in the local multi story because she can't be bothered to find a parking space when she goes shopping, so it won't make much difference.

Back to the merc!! Dried it off with micro towel. Then went round it with auto glym resin polish. I really took my time with this getting into every nook. Then after polishing that off I went round with auto glym extra gloss. I then dried off the wheels and done them with planet polish. After this I realised I had also ran out of tyre shine witch I was gutted about because for me this really finishes off the clean look. I also had help from my 9 year old daughter towards the end. She's polished off the wheel sealant and I set her the mission of doing the exhaust tips with the autosol. A job I hate!!

I've always liked cleaning my own cars but never been into detailing, although it's getting to that stage now with different polishes, sealers, wheel sealers etc. although I know my neighbours are watching me thinking what a palava. It's kind of very awarding at the end of the day knowing you've done your very best to clean you pride and joy as much as you possibly could.

Anyway!! I enjoyed it and the fact I had my little helper made it all the more enjoyable. I have to now stock up on car cleaning/detailing stuff. Most important!! Tyre shine, micro fibre cloths, snow foam, shampoo, and something to do the window rubbers. Any recommendations on any of the above would be great!! And the best place to get it. Please note!! I am no detailing freak, so may not know if what I've written above is the right way.

Who's snow foam do you use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom