Had a run in with a Subaru salesman !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I walked up to his desk and said "Is that a race track out there ? I didn't know the speed limit was 100mph and did you realise it was raining blah blah".

He jumped up out of his seat and said "Look it's nowt to do with you I was test drving the car. Are you the Mercedes driver ? Anyway you were nowhere near the junction".

I said "I don't care how far away I was. If that's the way you drive normally then you are putting people's lives at risk and I may be not so far away from the junction next time".

He followed me out of the showroom and said several times "just get in your Mercedes".

If I was the dealer principal, he'd be in my office simply for speaking to a member of public in that tone, knowing that he is a representative of my company.

In any case, it's certainly not the right response (the way he responded) but I'd just let it go. Not worth the hassle.

Hi,

You've got no proof he was doing 100 mph so whilst his driving may have appeared reckless to you it obviously wasn't (so reckless) to him (as he wouldn't have got so wound up) AND he arrived quite safely at his destination. None of what you have said would stand up in a the eye's of the Law as this is only based on your opinion. I bet that driver has an excellent driving record else he wouldn't stay a salesman for long.

How fast were you going?

Ultimately you spoke with him and had a frank exchange of views and that's a good thing. Now it appears you are trying to take it further and interfere with his liveliehood.

I agree with the sentiments that having felt aggrieved enough to speak with him the 'message' has been delivered.

Cheers,

Personally I'd leave it.
If he drives like it all the time then either the police or Darwin will eventually sort him out.

I'd report to the dealer, dealer group head office and Subaru UK, that way he should be dealt with.

If not for the speeding then for his attitude towards you

Last week, in pouring rain, followed three Audis into Lincoln Audi, all on trade plates, all being driven enthusiastically. Not being there in your case it's hard to tell if excess speed is dangerous or not, I've personally been driven (and have driven) at speeds over 150mph on many occasions.

No excuse for his rude attitude though - but really, if he was dangerous call the police.

I think it's good you embarrassed him in the showroom - his "lair". You've told him off and then got into a nicer car. He'll be very annoyed at this. Then, let the adrenalin ebb away..............leave it for a bit............

..................... ................ ........

.................. as revenge is a dish best served cold.
Get some friends to waste his time. They take it in turn to have lots of test drives (make sure they drive reeeeeellly slowly......) then they walk away. Takes him away from the showroom where he'll lose his comission :bannana: :devil: :bannana: :devil: :cool:

And each one tell him they've decided to buy a Mercedes...

Definitely speak to the Dealer Principal. Basically, he was clearly driving like a prat. Clearly you and he disagree as to the extent of this. But some sort of sorry would not have gone amiss, PROVIDED you approached him in a reasonable manner. His reaction sounds rather aggressive and certainly not befitting of a company representative on company premises.

I have stopped a sales rep in a vehicle driving like a lunatic without any trade plates and 2 customers in the car, and was basically given a huge amount of attitude in front of the customers at the roadside. I promptly drove down to the dealership and spoke to the sales manager. Perfect timing as she pulled into the forecourt and saw her very helpful manager speaking to uniformed officer in the middle of the dealership (No doubt something of an embarrasment for the company too) ... Humble pie was consumed.

I know how I would deal with this. Quiet and authoritative word in shell of someone important.

You are trying to remove a splinter from someone else's eye, yet you do not see the log in your own........ ;)

Subaru drivers are TO$$ERS!! its a fact! they go around in their farting mechines driving like idiots!

I've seen a few down here as well always blasting past at stupid speeds! :mad:

Near where I work is a Subaru garage next to a BP petrol station.
I was travelling up a country lane from work and approaching the junction to an A road where I would turn left and towards the petrol station.

As I approached the junction this black Subaru absolutely flew past (must have been 100mph+) and it was raining heavily at the time.

Subarus are designed to be driven with spirit...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom