Had a run in with a Subaru salesman !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Subaru drivers are TO$$ERS!! its a fact! they go around in their farting mechines driving like idiots!

Don't tar them all with the same brush....;) Not ALL like that!

Subaru drivers are TO$$ERS!! its a fact! they go around in their farting mechines driving like idiots!

I've seen a few down here as well always blasting past at stupid speeds! :mad:

Can't say I've noticed that. Plenty of Subarus are bought by pretty conservative people (Legacy, Outback, Forester) and even the Imprezas seem to behave round here.

The road is not a racetrack. Nobody has the right to put your, my or my children's lives at risk.

Anyone who turns a blind eye has not lost a close friend or family member to nutters like him.

Do nothing and you condone his behaviour.

So what you don't have any evidence, in which case he won't lose his job, but at least he will have a very uncomfortable 15 minutes having to explain why someone has complained forcefully about his driving.

The road is not a racetrack. Nobody has the right to put your, my or my children's lives at risk.

We've turned into a nation of doom and gloom merchants, what ever happened to the British spirit of adventure?

What's the harm in driving fast cars fast if you know what you are doing?

It's got nothing to do with doom and gloom or spirit of adventure. It's a question of behaving responsibly and according to conditions at the time.

Just because you have a fast car does not mean you have the skill to handle it, and when there are others around you who do not have your skills and make a mistake, their mistake could cost you.

Time and place for everything - if you want to welly it, go to a race day at the Ring.

I'd be interested to know - was this the Monks Heath Subaru garage, and were you coming out of the lane that cuts out the traffic lights on the A34 / A537 junction?

If so, then I have every sympathy with you. If he works at that particular garage, he must know that is a difficult and dangerous junction, and a local blackspot.

Will you make a difference taking it further? He will already have got his defence in first as his job could be on the line - you pulled out / nearly pulled out, then came in and blamed him, etc.

I suspect you have achieved as much as you can :)

I cant stand Imprezas - 9 times out of 10 they are driven by young men who have got something to prove one way or another. :rolleyes:

Ugly car anyway. :bannana:

I cant stand Imprezas - 9 times out of 10 they are driven by young men who have got something to prove one way or another. :rolleyes:

Nobody has said it was an Impreza!

:devil: Especially when driven by a foreigner:)

John the stirrer

Nobody has said it was an Impreza!

Mind you, 'discodom' never said that he thought the OP was referring to one either ;)

What worries me is that Impreza turbos can be bought these days for peanuts in car terms. They are sure to be the Astra GTE and XR3i replacement for those on a budget very soon! Uninsured or unroadworthy cars of this nature are the real danger IMO.

Will

Surely there is another issue here.

That may well have been a customers car.

Would you be happy for a salesman or technician to "test" your pride and joy in this manner?

I would simply put a polite message on the subaru forum naming the garage in question and warning them about the way vehicles are treated in their hands.

I would simply put a polite message on the subaru forum naming the garage in question and warning them about the way vehicles are treated in their hands.

That's a bit dodgy, as a salesman it's far more likely it was either his own car or one that was up for sale.

But service staff are well known for thrashing customers' cars, of course. A tech I know trashed a diff doing donuts in the car park after hours (years ago).

did I hear someone play the "think of the childru-u-u-n" card?

I've driven at 140 mph with my four kids in the car on many occasions, and 160 on one. Whenever you use the roads you must perform a risk assessment. On the correct roads, in the correct conditions, with the correct equipment and operator the appropriate speed may be well below the speed limit. However that does not mean that a speed above the speed limit is dangerous.

I've driven at 140 mph with my four kids in the car on many occasions, and 160 on one. Whenever you use the roads you must perform a risk assessment. On the correct roads, in the correct conditions, with the correct equipment and operator the appropriate speed may be well below the speed limit. However that does not mean that a speed above the speed limit is dangerous.

Poor kids :(

You're insane.....

On the correct roads, in the correct conditions, with the correct equipment and operator the appropriate speed may be well below the speed limit. However that does not mean that a speed above the speed limit is dangerous.

Agreed. Anyone who's driven the autobahns in Germany will know that in many places the surface is far from perfect and there are bends which are more pronounced than I've seen on any UK motorway. IMO doing 100 mph legally there can easily be more dangerous than the same speed on a wide and deserted UK motorway with a 70 mph limit.

You're insane.....

Why? For all you know he could have been safer, more in control and less likely to have an accident in those circumstances than you driving out of the Tesco car park. Not saying you're unsafe, just that you can't judge from a statement posted on a forum.

Seems to me there are two distinct attitudes on this forum, those that believe that speed kills, and those that don't. I think the statistics are in favour of the latter. Anyone notice the statistic in the paper yesterday that despite speed cameras, lower speeds due to congestion, increased safety inside and outside cars, etc, child fatalaties are rising. Strange...........

Going back to the original post, I fear that judging the other driver's speed was almost impossible in the circumstances, and that you were not threatened with an accident unless you had been a little earlier and had misjudged his speed and stupidly pulled out in front of him at the last minute. It seems your actions confronting him in his place of work were akin to 'road rage' (you had no evidence, you had not been affected directly, only your own opinion) and I suspect far from the guy's job being at risk, they probably all had a good laugh at the 'idiot' in the Merc. I'm not suggesting you are, or that the guy was not driving dangerously, just pointing out the likely result. I can't see the police being in the slightest bit interested.

Why? For all you know he could have been safer, more in control and less likely to have an accident in those circumstances than you driving out of the Tesco car park.

As far as I'm concerned, insane for driving at 160mph with 4 kids on board.

I couldn't give a monkey as to the speed - 60mph or 160mph (mebbe 160mph is fine on an unrestricted road, on your own, with no-one about, as long as you deem it safe (it's your choice, although how you guarantee it's safe is beyond me)), but I'm quite sure a car full of kids who have little choice in the matter would more likely survive a smash at 60 more than 160. I don't need any statistics to assure me on that one.

As far as I'm concerned, insane for driving at 160mph with 4 kids on board.

I couldn't give a monkey as to the speed - 60mph or 160mph (mebbe 160mph is fine on an unrestricted road, on your own, with no-one about, as long as you deem it safe (it's your choice, although how you guarantee it's safe is beyond me)), but I'm quite sure a car full of kids who have little choice in the matter would more likely survive a smash at 60 more than 160. I don't need any statistics to assure me on that one.

But you're making a lot of assumptions. Firstly you admit that the speed is irrelevant to the safety. I've been passenger at 180mph on multiple occasions, yet have felt unsafe at 50mph passengering my dad on the motorway. Happily driving across europe at 90-120 whenever possible in a two-car train (Zafira and Rover 75) with all my kids and a couple of friends, swapping around at stops from car to car, never being unsafe or using speed where inappropriate, never tailgating or traveling at a large margin above the flow speed, never driving when tired.

Speed limits were put in place when cars were far less capable than they are now, and drivers far less well trained. I'm a little bored at the moment as my current car has a top speed way under what I'm used to but that's OK, not planning a trans-europe run (different job) either.

Why should I drive with a different regard to safety with or without my kids? Are you suggesting that my life is worth less than that of my childrens :) I have no intention of killing myself or anyone else, and again - of driving at 190mph in front of our local school at 9am, although that might improve society around here.

Rough area then?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom