Had a slow (nail embeded) puncture repaired today cost me £5.50

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulE230

not bad really and they let me watch . I hate people watching me when I work but I didnt want him to scratch my alloys. he did a good job took him 45 mins

Yup puncture repairs are astonishingly cheap IMO, considering the labour involved.

Don't want to rain on your parade here....and it's probably something that has been discussed before in detail.....but I never ever repair tyres, having been given that advice from several sources.....none were tyre dealers or people who would gain from said advice.....but all were adamant (I was doing 400 motorway miles per week at the time) that replacement was the only safe option..and yes I was paying for the tyres....Conti's as it happens!

I was known as the Man of Many Holes by a local tyre dealer and have never had a puncture fail.

Normally they plug the tyre but if any cords are cut then no repair.
Had to have one tyre vulcanised on the Merc after 2 weeks, no problems either.

A simple puncture in the tread (in both my cases, from a screw) is perfectly safe to repair with a bonded in plug. Major companies would never do it otherwise - if one failed and caused an accident they could be sued for £££.

I have never known one to fail, the 1" bolt I picked up in the V70R was impossible and that went down quick on the front at 70 mph, nothing much happened

I very hardly ever go above 40 MPH where I live so I think its worth a repair it was the back tyre and it was in the middle of the tyre.

Not keen at all on the idea of part worn tyres though.
They had lots of p6000 powergys with plenty of tread on them almost like new for only £20 fitted !

its perfectly fine to repair tyres in the centre 75% of the tyre and as long as the metal cords arent damaged...

Don't want to rain on your parade here....and it's probably something that has been discussed before in detail.....but I never ever repair tyres, having been given that advice from several sources.....none were tyre dealers or people who would gain from said advice.....but all were adamant (I was doing 400 motorway miles per week at the time) that replacement was the only safe option..and yes I was paying for the tyres....Conti's as it happens!
I will gladly purchase all your punctured tyres in future.
Please keep them aside and I will come and collect !:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom