Had an accident? Fake an injury!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
An interesting (if lengthy) article.

LINK.

Plenty of worthwhile information that explains in depth, the rising costs of motor insurance.

It seems the courts are finally getting wise to these personal injury scams:

THREE scaffolders and their employer were left with a £9,000 bill after claiming a 1mph road shunt injured them and damaged their lorry.

The three men asked for a combined £3,700 to compensate them for their injuries. But Judge Joanne Shaw at Bolton County Court stunned the claimants by throwing out the claim at a hearing and ordered them to pay £9,332 to the council, to pay for its legal costs. A Wigan Council spokesman said: “In total, the council faced a legal bill of more than £70,000 and while the authority accepted blame for the collision, it refused to accept the injury claims, claims for damage to the vehicle and the legal costs.

Full story here: Judge gives ‘whiplash’ claim scaffold firm a £9,000 bill

I am surprised other scaffolders haven't already had a word, this lot are spoiling the ruffty tuffty dodgy dude rep.

I think that although Insurance scammers and false claims are putting up premiums slightly I don't think they are the main cause of the rises.
Insurance companies don't make money on domestic insurance, whether household or motor insurance, in fact they all loose millions and millions each year, however, they take the monies paid for the policies and invest it on the markets, and that is how their profits are made, but at the moment the markets are not giving as good a return, therefore more money is needed to get the same return, so our policies go up to provide them with that needed money.

I remember reading some years ago that in countries where motor insurance isn't compulsory whiplash is virtually unknown.

Are you aware insurance companies sell on insurance claims for injuries etc...
Telling us thats what is causing insurance costs to rise then doing the same themselves...
If insurance wasnt compulsary. Would it be so expensive?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom