Had an accident grrr....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SG CL500

Car
FFRR TDV8
Had a little prang on my way into work this morning - turned right at some lights and had to stop just down the road for some traffic and the chap behind failed to spot the rather large, rather black Mercedes blocking his way.

No major probs, pretty impressive from the insurance comapnies - his have already accepted liability and the car's booked into Mercedes tomorrow morning for a repair quote - but still a PITA that I don't need at the moment.

5mph knock and it looks like the bumper took the impact and did it's job - it's not cracked and the parking sensors still work.

Just need to growl at someone. :mad:

No major probs, pretty impressive from the insurance comapnies - his have already accepted liability and the car's booked into Mercedes tomorrow morning for a repair quote - but still a PITA that I don't need at the moment.

Some of the insurers are quite motivated to deal with things very quickly if it's straightforward and clear cut. They don't want you going to an accident management company. (And it makes them look good so you might switch when renewal time comes around.)

Annoying just the same , but at least no one hurt and the other driver , fortunately , HAD insurance !

2nd time i've had an accident at the same junction - last time (about 6 years ago) it was in my previous car and I was hit by a bus!

I might change my commute...

Sorry to hear about your bad luck...

Although its only a minor knock make sure they check the rear panel behind the bumper properly, it doesnt take much to push them in:)

Last edited:
yep - Mill Road (Brookfields) coming off Brooks Road.

Turned off Brooks into Mill road but had to stop just for a car turning right into Seymour St - chap behind just didnt react in time :(

Previous accident was at the same lights, but staying on the ring road. Car in front of me stopped for the (red) light - bus behind me didn't - that was only a cruddy Honda though ;)

I reckon the other drivers in both cases were doing 10mph or less

I think I know where you mean...

On a different note, I thought I passed you a few weeks ago on the corner of Downing Street/Trumpington Street... do you have a recent picture of your car?

Not got a recent picure (and I think the link to the one in my gallery is dead - note to self to sort one day) - but it's a emerald green debadged CL with 19 inch AMG style 1 (I think) with the front absolutely covered in stone chips.

And it probably would have been filthy!

hope u get it all sorted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom