Had an idea but don't know how to take it forward

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gollom

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
S204 C220CDi Sport ED125 (Mr) Kia Picanto Domino 1.1 (Mrs)
Are there any experts on the forum in generating smallish amounts of energy (kinetic?) through everyday repetitive actions who would be OK with me sending a PM? Had an idea the other day - no doubt someone cleverer than me has thought of it before, but guess you never know! Sometimes you just have to scratch an itch.

I'll ensure the result is posted on the forum be it success or fail.

If your thinking of kinetic shoe soles it’s been done and no-one took it up.

Is this another attempt at the centuries old idea of Perpetual Motion buddy ?

Hmm... an automatic wristwatch... now there's a thought! :D
I have a story where I was sat in a meeting listening to somebody prattling on being a pillock.
I demonstrated my displeasure by surreptitiously indicating that I considered them an 'oil tanker' by using wrist movement to wind my Rolex.🙄😉🤣

I have a story where I was sat in a meeting listening to somebody prattling on being a pillock.
I demonstrated my displeasure by surreptitiously indicating that I considered them an 'oil tanker' by using wrist movement to wind my Rolex.🙄😉🤣
Rolex for show, Omega for those that know.🤣🤣

Are there any experts on the forum in generating smallish amounts of energy (kinetic?) through everyday repetitive actions who would be OK with me sending a PM? Had an idea the other day - no doubt someone cleverer than me has thought of it before, but guess you never know! Sometimes you just have to scratch an itch.

I'll ensure the result is posted on the forum be it success or fail.
Any luck with anyone? I'm intrigued as to what it is

Full disclosure... I also have a Patek Philippe that's been in the family for generations.

I’ve owned Rolex watches since the 80s before they were popular and not known to everyone. They have now become so common that I rarely wear mine. Also had a few Omegas but still prefer a Rolex. They can take a beating which an Omega cannot. @JHS

Full disclosure... I also have a Patek Philippe that's been in the family for generations.
Even fuller disclosure.... it's broken :(

It went to Patek Philippe in Geneva and they quoted 4 years and an eye-watering amount to have it restored... but amazingly they carried out external restoration (new glass and hands, laser cleaning of case) for free. Very impressed with the brand. But I think I'll leave the full restoration project to my heirs...

I know a youngish chap (actually a friend of my son), who everytime we meet, has a different “genuine” PP on his wrist.o_O

Casio !? THE watch to have . Watch (pun intended) Nico's you tube channel. He makes watches fun but does not skip the serious side.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom