Had an idea but don't know how to take it forward

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Alas not. Rolex are playing a sneaky distribution game, in an effort to make them more exclusive and consequently desirable. Tudor are now what Rolex were a few years back.
I’ve always liked the Tudor range.

Stuck my name down last week for a Deep sea - Deep Blue (James Cameron) and was told it could be years before i get one , if at all.

A chap in work was over the moon last month as he had been waiting a year on a two tone Sky Dweller and due to someone not wanting theirs he was given first refusal , which he didn`t.

K
My son has 3x Rolex watches and has his name down for one of the Daytona range. Not sure which, but they are starting to go for stupid prices.

My son has 3x Rolex watches and has his name down for one of the Daytona range. Not sure which, but they are starting to go for stupid prices.
I do like the Daytona but i think probably 99% of people now buy them to flip looking on the various watch forums. If i sold a bike or two i'd quite like an Omega Speedmaster Snoopy or Tintin.

I do like the Daytona but i think probably 99% of people now buy them to flip looking on the various watch forums. If i sold a bike or two i'd quite like an Omega Speedmaster Snoopy or Tintin.
I’m past the days of wanting a flash watch. Been there & done it to my satisfaction.I always only wanted a Submariner based on my youth when James Bond had one. I looked up my remaining Rolex and was surprised to see that they are going for more than double what I paid for mine. Now tempted to put it up for sale.

Havn't had a watch for donkeys years nor felt the need for one. Clocks are everywhere plus you have Mobile. They are just a piece of jewellery and I don't do jewellery :rolleyes:☺️

Havn't had a watch for donkeys years nor felt the need for one. Clocks are everywhere plus you have Mobile. They are just a piece of jewellery and I don't do jewellery :rolleyes:☺️

Agreed, and I didn't wear a watch for over 30 years for this very reason. But I recently discovered that a watch it not just bling, some are also clever a piece of machinery... and boys like toys.

If utility was the only consideration... we wouldn't have the AMG Lounge forum :D

The majority of AMG owners (dare I say it) marvel at the machinery and its potential, even if they never ever use it the way it is intended to be used (on track days).

Equally, how many on here have actually dived to 200m? 100m? I rest my case.

Reactions: JHS
Stuck my name down last week for a Deep sea - Deep Blue (James Cameron) and was told it could be years before i get one , if at all.

A chap in work was over the moon last month as he had been waiting a year on a two tone Sky Dweller and due to someone not wanting theirs he was given first refusal , which he didn`t.

K
I've been waiting about a year so far for the DSSD JC. I was offered a standard black DSSD in December but turned it down.

Think it depends on the relationship you have with the main dealer. We have 3 rolexes, Datejust, Daytona, wife's datejust, asked about a James Cameron, left a deposit, they said there was a waiting list but would see what they could do. Two weeks later, phoned me to say it was in the shop
Tried to add pic, but after compressing its still saying too big

Think it depends on the relationship you have with the main dealer. We have 3 rolexes, Datejust, Daytona, wife's datejust, asked about a James Cameron, left a deposit, they said there was a waiting list but would see what they could do. Two weeks later, phoned me to say it was in the shop
OFFS!🤬😝
I have a TT Sub and Tudor Advisor. Wanted the JC for my 50th birthday.

I've been waiting about a year so far for the DSSD JC. I was offered a standard black DSSD in December but turned it down.

I was asked if i wanted the black face model but said i was prepared to wait for the JC.

Looks like there is a bit interest in timepieces on the forum , wonder if it is worth starting a "Watch" section to stop peoples threads being hijacked ???

K

Try taking a pic of the Datejust , that may work. ;)

K

Try using:

Beg to differ. My Omega is over 20 years old and has never been off my wrist except for servicing, kit car building included. Still looks good with unmarked crystal. My wife's Rolex refused to keep time and when opened was contaminated by swarf. Fixed and exchanged for an Omega which has been faultless.
That is not to say that Rolex are not very fine watches, it is just a matter of preference.
21 years for my Omega Seamaster buddy . I do take it off for rough stuff though :)

Reactions: JHS
Agreed, and I didn't wear a watch for over 30 years for this very reason. But I recently discovered that a watch it not just bling, some are also clever a piece of machinery... and boys like toys.

If utility was the only consideration... we wouldn't have the AMG Lounge forum :D

The majority of AMG owners (dare I say it) marvel at the machinery and its potential, even if they never ever use it the way it is intended to be used (on track days).

Equally, how many on here have actually dived to 200m? 100m? I rest my case.
I don’t have an AMG but have had my SL upto top speed (155mph) several times (Germany and on a circular banked track). I do wonder how many people can say the same of their cars.

I have a Tissot T Touch. I purchased it in 2004 in Dubai. It packed up about 3 years ago and they offered me a new one for £150 (service /repair cost) (retail about 600) . I love it. Press the button and the touch the glass at the function I want. Compass, temp, altimeter, barometer ........etc. I’ve always liked gadget watches and also have a few old Casios lying around.

I love the mechanical engineering aspect of watches more than anything. In fact most of my hobbies have involved some kind of "engineering" aspect - whether cars, bikes, climbing, even coffee making! Anything involving kit basically, especially if there's a good story with it. My Fortis B42 Flieger watch has a pretty common ETA Valjoux 7750 movement but's regarded as one of the design classics in watchmaking. The 7750 has quite an interesting story as well (for anyone that wants to google it!). For a mechanical chronograph i also think it's amazing it stays at gaining just 1s a day.

Speaking of Tissot my dad bought his Breitling Navitimer in 1963 when he was 19. He didn't like the strap so went next door to the Tissot shop in London and cut the strap off the Breitling to replace it with a metal bracelet with holes in!. Like the one below. It wore out recently but i managed to find two NOS ones. He was over the moon. The bracelet is very 1970's and incredibly uncomfortable!
tissot.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom