Had my PPF damaged ... so made me wonder ... how cost effective is it ...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
lol I just notice they didn't just put sticker on the dash cam but unplugged it too ... what a shame - wanted to be nosey lol ...

So PPF saved you after all. Excellent

Never doubted the effectiveness. I just don’t like the cost of replacing the PPF lol. But when I picked up the car from Topaz and I was able to watch them a bit, I noticed they actually laid down 6 new panels and not just the one.

That was more of a ‘ah, makes sense now’ moment.

It was indeed just PPF ..

View attachment 115364
What are all the other white bits that look like stone chips.....? Is that a small ding to the right of the sensor? Is that a small repair to the paintwork at top center.

Not having a go at you but just thinking that this is not a good advertisement for PPF.

What are all the other white bits that look like stone chips.....? Is that a small ding to the right of the sensor? Is that a small repair to the paintwork at top center.

Not having a go at you but just thinking that this is not a good advertisement for PPF.

Was wondering who picks up on that lol. Bugs from the 2hr drive back home :)

All just dirt.

Now that it is raining like hell it’s already clean (PPF is ceramic coated too).

And not sure what you mean not a good advertisement for PPF. Even if I ended up with stone chips on the way home. It does it’s job. PPF doesn’t do it’s job if you pull off a sheet and you got damaged paint underneath. Look at the first picture where people claimed the paint must be damaged, which it wasn’t.

This stuff is also self healing so if you do see damage on the PPF and it didn’t go through the top layer down to the glue, hot water will actually seal it up again. Pretty clever stuff.

Adds 3mpg because it is more aerodynamic

Just about to get a full PPF applied to my E63S. This thread has been very useful, thank you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom