Had my W205 C43 Piano Black Centre Console Hydro Dipped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vijilants

MB Enthusiast
Car
W205 C43 AMG
I never really liked the look of the piano black console on my C43 as it was way too difficult to keep it scratch free.

So, I deciced to have the console Hydrodipped with a custom finish.....Black Wood.

Too cold to fit it at the moment but looking forward to seeing it in the car.

IMG_9972.JPGIMG_9973.JPGIMG_9974.JPG

I was a bit sceptical when hydro dipping became a thing, but the results can be spectacular. The effect on those panels is really good. I too have piano black and whilst it looks great when mint, you only have to breathe on it the wrong way and it scratches.

Looks nice, and different :cool:

Did you consider swapping it out for OEM black ash or whatever it’s called?

See to stop your piano black getting scratched so easily, ceramic coat it

Looks nice, and different :cool:

Did you consider swapping it out for OEM black ash or whatever it’s called?

Hi Will,

Thank you.

Yes I did but again I wasn't too keen on the black ash look, and furthermore obtaining one of those used can be expensive.

I also wanted something unique that looked good so I went for this pattern.

The finish on it is really nice and I am very impressed with hydrodipping results. Of course the artwork also depends on the guy who is doing the job and so does the quality of the finish.

He got the wood grain lines to match across the drinks holder flap and the rest of the console, so it looks very good.

Vij

Yea that looks nice, that would have frightened me to do. Are you door the door pieces now?

Not often I describe something as stunning.
But that looks stunning. A huge improvement on the black 👍🏻👍🏻

How is the finish standing up to everyday use and abuse?

It is standing up far better than the Piano black ever would. I don't give it any abuse but because it has lacquer on it it is more resistant to day to day usage.

You look after it by just using car polish or just wiping it down with a microfibre cloth.

No problems whatsoever. I would definately do it again. Far better finish than doing a wrap.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you at Ollys GTG as I would have shown it to you.

It is standing up far better than the Piano black ever would. I don't give it any abuse but because it has lacquer on it it is more resistant to day to day usage.

You look after it by just using car polish or just wiping it down with a microfibre cloth.

No problems whatsoever. I would definately do it again. Far better finish than doing a wrap.

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you at Ollys GTG as I would have shown it to you.
It looks great in the photos. See you at the next GTG 👍🏻

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom