Had to cancel policy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Yet they are allowed to weight by age, when age discrimination is also illegal!

Is it age? Or is it experience? The later obviously comes with the former but it's a good "work-around" ;)

Whichever way you look at car insurance, I've always thought it's a form of licensed theft, given how they will wriggle out of making payments or hike up premiums, although they are not all bad.

Yes but they are not discriminating on age. They are adjusting policies to suit a risk pattern. Its based on data of an age group. .

It's hardly an aspirational purchase so will always be poorly perceived much like VED, fuel e.t.c.

Yes but they are not discriminating on age. They are adjusting policies to suit a risk pattern. Its based on data of an age group. .

Stereo typing? I wonder how they explain that with immigrants?

Is it age? Or is it experience? The later obviously comes with the former but it's a good "work-around" ;)

Not necessarily - my dad didn't get a driving licence till he was over 40. You have to declare how many years you've held the licence anyway - that's the 'experience' bit.

I just rang Adrian Flux to get a quote for my 190 with new engine ( the car was originally a 1.8 but now has the 2.3 out of a 230CE , and will have the appropriate brake upgrade as well ) .

I've never tried to insure a modified car before , and especially since I had no NCD to apply to this car , although full NCD on my other car . It may be that being in my late 50's , living in rural Ayrshire and with a clean licence etc it worked out better , but I was more than pleased to be quoted £384 for fully comp with business use , DOC ( fully comp on the other cars ) and lots of other benefits .

The call handler was friendly , helpful and patient , listening to my circumstances and not talking at warp speed as some do - all in all a very pleasant experience .

Since I doubt I would better that quote , I said I would go ahead as soon as I have the car ready for the road , which hopefully won't be long .

I contacted Adrian Flux for a quote on my SL but they never bothered to get back to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom