Had to laff at this

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pluggers

MB Enthusiast
Car
C250 AMG Line Premium Plus. W205
On the way to work this morning im going down the duel carrage way (60mph zone) Its about a mile long straight road with a roundabout at both ends,Separated by a 3 foot central muddy grass reservation but raised up to stop people from crossing it.At one end is a petrol station with the entrance on the roundabout but the exit is on the duel carrageway so you need to turn left and go to the other roundabout and come back on yourself.OK,Im coming down when I see an astra estate van comeing out of the petrol station.Instead of doing the correct thing he waited till it was reasnoably clear( hard to do on this road as its busy as hell)and cross over the grass reservation only to get stuck halfway across :rolleyes: :rolleyes: pivoting with both front and back wheels off the ground,front and rear end overhanging into both outside lanes of the duel carrageway.I bet he felt a complete idiot,I wonder how he got on or should I say got off.Bet the police wont be too happy if they came across him.

guydewdney said:
dual carriageways are 70mph....
Only if they're national speedlimit, dual carriageways can be any speed depending on the road signs!

I was driving to work one morning and as I went around the roundabout near work at the end of a 70mph dual carriageway I noticed something a little odd: big royal mail van sitting in the trees in the middle of the roundabout ;) .

Alot of dual carriage ways around where I live all used to be national limits (70mph) up until around 5 years ago. Now they've been restricted further, most to 50 but in some cases even down to 40 and also 30 mph. :crazy: :rolleyes: They've also been liberally sprinkled with fixed speed cameras. A frustrating drive to say the least, remembering how I used to travel these roads when compared to today, especially the 30 limit dual carriage way, complete with concrete barrier as divider, I guess it is in a built up area.

Pluggers, your story reminds me of travelling to Paddington train station many many years ago now. My father was driving, I was just a teenager at the time, and we had come off the A40 (Westway) and the off slip road ran parallel to another road and was only separated by a very high kerb. The slip road was packed with stationary traffic where as the parallel road was totally empty. A Citroen BX a few cars infront got fed up of waiting and hitched his suspension up and decided to cross the kerb to where the grass was greener (or tarmac emptier). He almost grounded his car but after a couple of attempts and much scraping of the bottom of his car he made it across. :crazy: :rolleyes: Makes you wonder what goes through some peoples' minds. Today, that same stretch of road now also has metal railings fixed to the high kerb.

S.

I must confess that i have had a similar experience myself one night in an old toyota corolla gti, i was crossing (literally traversing) haymarket (a slow 4 lane central london street).

So, I'm in the side street looking to edge out and scram across (very much like frogger - speed of traffic passing my nose wasn't the problem, it was the timing - 4 lanes).

Btw the car is 4 up with big blokes.

So I see my chance and hit the gas, car screams off across the lanes and THUNK!!! I was grounded on a traffic island with front wheels spinning uselessly in the air!!!

Because i was fixated on seeking the gap in the traffic passing my nose, i didn't think to look in front of me (except to check that a road existed on the other side of the 4 lanes), and yes there was a traffic island.

So, now 4 blokes are pi**ing themselves in central london causing a traffic buildup, everyone on the front row of this spectacle was laughing, everyone behind them was tooting their horn...

Eventually we got out and as we did this guy from the traffic build up opened his door and screamed abuse, we approached his vehicle and he sh*t himself and got back in, we were laughing and proceeded to pick his car up and turn it on his axis so it faced the wrong way - now EVERYONE is laughing at us and him (we were lucky he had steel front wings otherwise we could have hurt the car)

We then nonchanantly picked my car off the island and drove off...

yes i was an imbecile when i was young, urrrrr still am

Shude said:
I noticed something a little odd: big Royal Mail van sitting in the trees in the middle of the roundabout ;) .

The only place to park :D :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom