Half a Cauliflower

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ioweddie

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AMG Line Premier Plus Estate C220d
A man went into a Birmingham supermarket asking to buy half a cauliflower.
The young greens produce assistant told him that they sold only whole cauliflowers.
The man persisted, and asked to see the manager; so the boy went to find him.
Walking into the stock room, unaware that the customer was following him, the boy said to his manager,
"Some idiot out there wants to buy half a cauliflower."
As he finished his sentence, he turned and was horrified to find the customer now standing right behind him so, quick as a flash, he added,
"And this gentleman has kindly offered to buy the other half."
The manager approved the deal, and the man went on his way...
Later, the manager said to the boy,
"I was impressed with the way you got yourself out of that situation earlier.
We like people here who think on their feet.
Where are you from, son?"
"Cardiff, sir," the boy replied.
"Why did you leave Cardiff?" the manager asked.
The boy replied, "Sir, there's absolutely nothing there but prostitutes and rugby players."
"Really?" said the manager, "My wife is from Cardiff."
"You're kidding!?" replied the boy. "What position did she play?"

Thanks for that, had me chucking away! The wife had just given me soup whilst having me guess all the ingredients and the only one I couldn't get was cauliflower

I bloody knew it. I asked for half a cauliflower the other day, and the shop assistant refused for the same reason.

I'm going to print out this thread and show it to the assistant next time I ask for half a cauliflower.

Mind you, it's also good to know that Cardiff contributes to two of our most favourite pastimes. Yes, sex and rugby.

Thanks for that, had me chucking away! The wife had just given me soup whilst having me guess all the ingredients and the only one I couldn't get was cauliflower

Oh dear, was the soup "off"?

Oh dear, was the soup "off"?

Whoops! Yes, nice catch. Luckily the soup went down (and stayed down) a treat!
The wonder of auto-complete strikes again. Is it just lucky or cunningly learnt to make topical mistakes?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom