HALF PRICE MOT At Nationwide Autocentre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I wonder how many expensive 'faults' will be found or am I just an old cynic.

i find that the cheaper the MOT the more likly your going to be given a list as long as your arm of faults and problems that nned to be fixed by the station!

always best to use someone you know ;)

Perhaps MOT stations should be independent and run by the council only - no attachment to any garage as in USA.

In MA you have to get your car inspected twice a year - even a brand new car has to go for an inspection sticker. Lets face it 3 years before an inspection is stupid and dangerous...IMHO

Perhaps MOT stations should be independent and run by the council only - no attachment to any garage as in USA.

In MA you have to get your car inspected twice a year - even a brand new car has to go for an inspection sticker. Lets face it 3 years before an inspection is stupid and dangerous...IMHO

I agree, cars now do far more miles than years ago. Its not uncommon for a 3 year old car to have covered inexcess of 100,000 miles!
100,000 miles before an inspection?

even a brand new car has to go for an inspection sticker. Lets face it 3 years before an inspection is stupid and dangerous...IMHO
Agreed; three years is a long time! Bald tyres, mis-aligned headlamps, blown bulbs etc could happen within the first year of ownership and that's just the easy stuff to spot!

Jeez my car eats rears .... coming up for its first MOT and need new ones...this will be the 4th set on the rear.. 2 sets of continental sports, tried a set of Goodyear F1 Assymetrics - lovely grip but poor wear -- now going to fit Michelins....all before an inspection.......

Ive got the pther halfs SLK (99V) booked in at tony purslow for a free MOT. Its done 26k, and it drives perfectly, we'll see what the result is. If it fails, Olly is just down the road, get it sorted and pop it in for a re-test.

How can Tony Purslow afford to do a free MOT ?

If it is geniunely free , i'll book mine in for December ... MOT is due 1st Jan :crazy:

Weren't Nationwide Autocentre previously Apples Car Clinics?
I think they had to change the name after Watchdog or Which? did a damning report on them for doing unnecessary work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom