Halfords - 50% discount on (some) toolsets until 07.09.09.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some reasonable deals there.

Dont forget, if you get the Halfords trade card lots of stuff are around 50% off anyway.

You can apply to become a Trade Card member at any Halfords store***. Find your local store. Simply ask a member of staff to help you complete your application and bring with you your proof of working in the motor trade – outlined below:

Motor Trade Role
Qualifying documents
Qualified Technician
City & Guilds in Motor Mechanics Certificate or garage payslips

Self–employed Mechanic
High volume of local motor factor invoices from last 3 months

Mobile Mechanic
City & Guilds in Motor Mechanics certificate or high volume of local motor factor invoices from last 3 months

Small Independent Garage Mechanic
Recognised payslips for employee, high volume of local motor factor invoices from last 3 months or City & Guilds in Motor Mechanics Certificate

High Volume Parts Buyer (or frequent user of car parts)
High volume of local motor factor invoices from last 3 months

Last edited:
Agreed, some reasonable deals and Halfords tools are fine for the home/DIY mechanic etc.

One thing I will say though, is that the prices on some of the stuff has conveniently bumped up loads over the years, and then 'reduced' by 50% or whatever to make it seem cheap, when it's not.

Eg:

Halfords Professional 10 Piece Flex-head Ratchet Spanner Set from Halfords Was £79.99 Save £40.84 Price £39.15 Up to 50% Off Toolsets

I bought a set of these a few years ago now. Not everyday items, but very handy for those inaccessible nuts/bolts etc. They used to be £49.99 - 50% off at £24.99. Now they're '£79.99', on 'offer' at £39.15...

I wouldn't get too carried away, but if there's something that you were planning on buying anyway, it makes sense to get it whilst it's on offer.

Will

I've always fancied one of those 10 Piece Flex-head Ratchet Spanner Sets - I'll probably never use it but could sit for hours clicking it round!

Perhaps I'll buy one and put it away for the kids to give me at Christmas!

Very useful for undoing the clutch slave cylinder bolts on a manual W124 they are :)

Very useful for undoing the clutch slave cylinder bolts on a manual W124 they are :)

I wouldn't do that - the spanners might get dirty! :)

I lent a neighbour my 30 year old socket set recently (he just wanted an additional extension bar) and he was amazed when I opened it and the plastic cover and foam liner was in place and still clean!

I've been very happy with their Pro range they do a great kit now at £98.

not in my local Halfrauds (Farnborough). Stuff is on 3 for 2 instead with certain restrictions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom