Halfords 50% off selected socket sets.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
It's not just socket sets, I just 'acquired' a nice set of ratchet ring spanners for £40 rather than the allegedly normal £80 - they're nicely made and will see me out!

Could be an error on their part as website currently says "Halfords,com is having its MOT......"

It's up and running again.........quick, get your credit cards out ;)

It's not just socket sets, I just 'acquired' a nice set of ratchet ring spanners for £40 rather than the allegedly normal £80 - they're nicely made and will see me out!

Possibly the same ones I bought last year, I've found these really good and they can take a fair bit of punishment.

The Halfords Professional range stuff is pretty good quality, I've bought quite a bit for work in the past.

However, it may not be quite the bargain it appears at first glance as Halfords are second only to DFS for putting stuff on "sale".

Cheers,

Gaz

Possibly the same ones I bought last year, I've found these really good and they can take a fair bit of punishment.

Just reserved a set of the half price £50 set. Seems a good deal. Thought I would treat myself to an impact driver as well, (not sure that was reduced though) as looking at doing rear suspension when weather gets better.

Neil

This is Halfords 'Lifetime' guarantee, copied and pasted from the ratchet spanners page

*Should a Halfords Advanced Professional Hand Tool fail whilst being used for the purpose and in the manner for which it was designed, it will be inspected and replaced. Simply return the product to your nearest Halfords store with proof of purchase and we will arrange a replacement for you.

Proof of purchase is required to validate the Lifetime Guarantee.
Misuse of the product will immediately invalidate the Lifetime Guarantee.
Moving parts are not covered for wear and tear under this guarantee.
Discontinued items will be replaced with an equivalent product in terms of use and quality.
This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.
ADDITIONAL INFO

Halfords Advance Professional Hand Tools come with a Lifetime Guarantee. Should a Halfords Advanced Professional Hand Tool fail whilst being used for the purpose and in the manner for which it was designed, it will be inspected and replaced. Simply return the product to your nearest Halfords store.

Discontinued items will be replaced with an equivalent product in terms of use and quality.
This guarantee does not affect your statutory rights.

Note the exceptions in red, especially the 'moving parts' one. It sounds like if the ratchet in a ratcheting spanner wears out, the Professional Lifetime Guarantee wonn't apply.

Snap-On would laugh at the second one.

The Halfords Professional range stuff is pretty good quality, I've bought quite a bit for work in the past.

However, it may not be quite the bargain it appears at first glance as Halfords are second only to DFS for putting stuff on "sale".

Cheers,

Gaz

True, but it is good quality and guaranteed for life, so you will only buy it once.
Also, a lot cheaper than snap-on.

Neil

Any quality tools, used for the correct purpose, and for the right job, should not break anyway.
I am sure we have all, at some point used those "tin or rubber" spanners that will not undo anything.
A friend of mine broke one of the professional ratchets by using a section of scaffold pole to extend it. (he now owns a breaker bar). Halfords could not prove he had misused it, so did replace it.
Personally, all my tools are looked after, and fully cleaned before putting away.
They are virtually all only used for the purpose they were designed for.
I will admit to using the "extend" a spanner trick in the past, and obviously would not use a ratchet spanner in that situation as would expect it to be weaker.
If I felt any tool had been used correctly, and it broke, I would certainly take it back and create merry hell.

Neil

True, but it is good quality and guaranteed for life, so you will only buy it once.
Also, a lot cheaper than snap-on.

Neil

Don't get me wrong; I think they are excellent value for money, certainly for home or occasional work use. I have the 150 piece set at work, which is 2-1/2 years old now and still pretty much as new. It's not used heavily though - I'm sure in a garage/workshop environment it'd get knackered in short order. But that's Snap-On territory, as you point out.

I do find it annoying though when stuff is advertised as "half price", when it's almost continually available discounted. I paid £100 quid for mine, which has been the going rate for as long as I can remember, so the current £90 is actually 10% off, not 55%.. :fail

Cheers,

Gaz

bob6600, I cut and pasted the guarantee off their website this evening so it's as up to date as Halfords choose to make it.

Their Professional range does look to be good quality, I have a set of screwdrivers which don't seem to get mangled like Rolsons :)

I just wanted to point out their guarantee isn't the same as Snap-On's, then neither is the price.

I've had the three tray sets which fit into a rack cabinet , as well as sundry individual tools , a couple of their torque wrenches ( large & small ) and a couple of the smaller boxed socket sets which live in the boots of my cars .

I've only broken one 17mm socket , abusing it with a breaker bar trying to remove a siezed wheel bolt , so I just bought an individual replacement .

One of the good things is that every individual socket , spanner or whatever is available individually so if something gets lost or broken it can be replaced ; they also sell the moving parts of their ratchets , so if you do break one it can be repaired easily .

I've had a lot of my Halfords professional tools easily 10 years and think highly of them .

Laddo has equipped the bulk of his toolbox with Halfords Pro tools. I'm pretty sure some on here recommended this, with any breakages / wearing being replaced by Snap-On bod.

So far, after nearly a year of daily apprentice abuse, they all look as good as new.

Copied from Stratman's post:

"Proof of purchase is required to validate the Lifetime Guarantee.
Moving parts are not covered for wear and tear under this guarantee.
Discontinued items will be replaced with an equivalent product in terms of use and quality."

After about two years of work the socket retaining spring and ball broke from my 1/4" ratchet.
Toddled along to my local Halfords with the receipt and they replaced without question. Maybe they don't know their own rules? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom