Halfords...again!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevieb15

Car
98 sl 500, 90 w126 500se, 03 CLK 320 Convertible, 90 W124 CE300
I've eventually had a failure on the SE, not bad after 37,000 miles in 18 months, near side main beam bulb gone.
Popped into Halfords in Leek, selected the replacement and paid for it, the assistant said he'd always wanted to look under the bonnet of "one of those" "do you mind if I come out with you"
As I messed around with refitting the bulb, it's quite tight on the near side due the self levelling( I think ) reservoir, he said "there's an easier way than that, let me", 30 seconds later its done. They usually charge £3.99 I think for a bulb replacement.
I expressed my thanks and was on my way.
I know some Halfords aren't so good, but credit where it's due, my local is excellent, with knowledgable and endlessly helpful staff.

So, what did he do ?

I've often found halfords useful and convenient, prices not always the best but hey ho.

So, what did he do ?
Simple really, but only if you know.
I had twisted the bulb free of its housing and was trying to negotiate the wires and clips and pull the whole thing, bulb and fitting out.
He re fitted the faulty bulb and fitting, unclipped the fitting, removed the bulb, refitted the replacement, clipped it in place and reapplied the electrical fitting.
Easy and I'll known next time.

stevieb15 said:
Simple really, but only if you know.
I had twisted the bulb free of its housing and was trying to negotiate the wires and clips and pull the whole thing, bulb and fitting out.
He re fitted the faulty bulb and fitting, unclipped the fitting, removed the bulb, refitted the replacement, clipped it in place and reapplied the electrical fitting.
Easy and I'll known next time.

So do we (-;
Thanx!

he said "there's an easier way than that, let me", 30 seconds later its done. They usually charge £3.99 I think for a bulb replacement.
I expressed my thanks and was on my way.
I know some Halfords aren't so good, but credit where it's due, my local is excellent, with knowledgable and endlessly helpful staff.

Most peeps would have chucked him a couple of nuggerts?

For every 'uninterested' member of Staff there are hundreds of unappreciative customers!

:rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom