Halfords ggggrrrrrr

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

coupe deville

Car
93 E320 coupe sportline facelift
We're going away for the weekend and snow is forcast, I'd rather go in the merc than the astra but the auto 124 is useless in snow. I don't use the merc enough in the winter to justify winter tyres and the astra is owned by Arnold Clarke and winter tyres are not part of the contract. So I decide to buy snow socks and I need them for friday morning. Yesterday I did an online stock check at Europarts local store, no stock, so it had to be Halfords and reserved them online for collection today. At 7 o clock this morning the phone rang, wife who is a carer for her elderly parents leapt out of bed thinking there was an emergency.
BLOODY HALFORDS automatic reminder that items are ready for pickup, just had a repeat call now :crazy:. I'm on my way now to pick them up but i aint happy

I ordered a new TV online, delivery am two days hence, driver would call mobile 45 mins prior to delivery.
0645 the phone rang, 40 minutes later the set was being unwrapped in my TV room...I think it's rather good service, as is the reminder from Halfords, although I am generally already watching the news by 0700.

Invariably if I have a 7 - 12 type delivery slot, if I get up and ready by 7, they will arrive at 13.00. If on the other hand I don't get up I'll come down at a civilised hour to find they have been and gone.

I think the worst was when I had paid for a premium slot at 9-10 with Comet. I called when they hadn't arrived and was told that the delivery company had packed the van the wrong way round, so I should be late morning. As I needed the fridge freezer urgently I hung around, and it became early afternoon, mid afternoon then finally it arrived at 7.30pm. A total waste of a day.

Up at 7 o'clock while on holiday?
Holiday time is precious, be a shame to miss any of it :D

Invariably if I have a 7 - 12 type delivery slot, if I get up and ready by 7, they will arrive at 13.00. If on the other hand I don't get up I'll come down at a civilised hour to find they have been and gone.

I think the worst was when I had paid for a premium slot at 9-10 with Comet. I called when they hadn't arrived and was told that the delivery company had packed the van the wrong way round, so I should be late morning. As I needed the fridge freezer urgently I hung around, and it became early afternoon, mid afternoon then finally it arrived at 7.30pm. A total waste of a day.

Ahhhh, that old chesnut. Comet get a big :fail

If you're in the market for snow socks "just in case" - lidl are doing chains (I know not the same) for £19.99

I knew once of a council member in a small town who used to get calls from residents in unsociable hours complaining about this or that (there was no council hotline to report issues in those days).

He claimed at the time that if he got a call at say 11pm, he would set his alarm clock for 4am, then call the person back and say that he looked into the matter and it will be dealt with first thing in the morning...

(I don't know if he actually did this though, or perhaps it was just a nice story he liked to tell)

Up at 7 o'clock while on holiday?
Holiday time is precious, be a shame to miss any of it :D

I know, but as I get by fine on 5 hours a night if I go to bed before 2 I'm up even earlier...no need for an alarm.

If I can get up at 6.00 am to work ... Then I can certainly get up at an early hour to go on holiday.
:bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom