Halfords Industrial Tool Chests

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bob6600

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
AUDI S8 V10, S210 E320 CDI (R.I.P.)
Have thought about buying these for a while, normally their bundle offer includes the top and bottom for around £350-£400. They currently have an online offer where there is also a middle chest included, all for £400.

Question is, does anyone have these tool chests and are they worth the money? Need to be hard wearing and durable

Halfords | Tool Chests & Tool Boxes | Tool Storage Cabinets | Cheap Garage Equipment

01-motoring-banner-25jun-15

I have them, for the money they are fine. Just don't leave the bottom drawer open when you reverse your Citroen SM in over the top and expect the drawer to survive when you lower the suspension to the floor...

Costco have some good deals on chests at the moment i think

They do, but they are huuuuuge.

haha yes true they are ginormous!

Got them as an Xmas pressy - nice stuff but I dont abuse equipment and only used for hobby gear so I dont know how they would stand up to professional use. Massively discounted if you "have" a trade card.;)

I bought the industrial ones, roll cab and top box, when I started on tools about 15 years ago. Used daily for many years, now serves in my garage at home having come off spanners.
Worth every penny. Still as good now as the day I bought them.

I have one of their lower tool cabinets , mine has three drawers and one large door at the bottom. No issues with it over the last nine years of use.

It is not Snap-On or Mac quality but neither is the price and it is perfect for the home mechanic.

Kenny

Got them as an Xmas pressy - nice stuff but I dont abuse equipment and only used for hobby gear so I dont know how they would stand up to professional use. Massively discounted if you "have" a trade card.;)

It's for home use so should be more than sufficient. I do have access to a trade card but it says web exclusive so I guess the card cannot be used?

I too have these. No issues apart from if someone fills the runners with angle grinder dust they dont work very well. 10 years and no rust so far.

A couple of the technicians were I work have bought them for use at work (i.e. 8 - 9 hours a day). They like them as much as anything from Snap-On.

So is the idea that all these 'chests' stack on top of each so they can be wheeled around or are they standalone units?

So is the idea that all these 'chests' stack on top of each so they can be wheeled around or are they standalone units?
Generally speaking there are roll cabs, the base unit on wheels, and top boxes, with an opening lid.
They are usually on wheels.
There are also centre boxes, addition 2 or 3 draw units that sit in between the roll cab and top box to give extra drawer space.
And there are end cabs, and end lockers. These hang off the side of the main tool box, again for extra storage. The lockers often to act as just that.

Companies like Dura, Fami, Lista and Bott make installed units, units that are built into a workshop bench etc.

bob6600 said:
Have thought about buying these for a while, normally their bundle offer includes the top and bottom for around £350-£400. They currently have an online offer where there is also a middle chest included, all for £400. Question is, does anyone have these tool chests and are they worth the money? Need to be hard wearing and durable Halfords | Tool Chests & Tool Boxes | Tool Storage Cabinets | Cheap Garage Equipment
talk to Alex he has got a stainless steel box for sale and is much better than the halforfds one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom