Halfords tool bargain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andy_k

MB Enthusiast
Car
Alfa GTV 3.0
If you are a tool junkie then it's well worth a trip to your local Halfords this weekend as the deal doesn't seem to be available on line

£250 buys you...........

6 drawer "industrial" lockable, roller bearing draw slider tool chest with heavy duty castors. They are superb quality with a really nice latch system on the drawers which are all a sensible depth including the extra deep one at the bottom and will hold up to 35kg each. All the drawers have non slip liners and there is a fitted mat on the top

100 piece "Halfords Professional" 1/4 & 3/8 drive socket set including standard and long reach sockets, numerous extension bars, wrenches etc in fitted "tool tray"

22 piece "Halfords Professional" ring and open/flare spanner set in fitted "tool tray"

30 piece "Halfords Professional" screwdriver set in moulded polycarbonate case.

All the tools and cabinet are covered by Halfords' no quibble lifetime warranty

The "pre deal" price was the best part of £450 so it's a real bargain as they try and drag the punters in to do a bit of early Christmas shopping

Sadly, no further discount available if you have a Halfords Trade Card :(

If you decide to buy one then I'd suggest you take a friend with you as the cabinet alone weighs 55 kg - an estate car would be a definite bonus as well :)

Andy

Saw these last week and it looked good value to me too. I was half tempted, but it would hardly be used if I took the plunge.

that sounds a bargain, halfords tool are decent quality too..

shame i just bought a massive tool box though...

Like Bobby,

Probably a great buy and would look cool, but for the few and far between jobs I do I doubt it would get good use...

looks similar - yep except this one is all black and only has one deep drawer at the bottom

Still a great bargain though

Andy

Are they still doing the single Professional tool case for £99? I have all of the tools already but not quite so well arranged!

It's the kind thing you might convince yourself to buy knowing you don't really have to have it (like a Mercedes). Need to wire plug..yipeeee :bannana:

Went to have a look today but they werent doing it in my local branch, will look in Cardiff tomorrow.

I spoke to someone else who said their branch wasnt doing the deal, maybe it's just the superstores?

However, you should be able to order it from any store with the following details............

item code 250548 HAL PRO S/D SET 30 PC
item code 384859 HALPRO 100PC SKT TRAY
item code 388199 HALPRO 22PC SPNR TRAY
item code 181636 HAL IND 6 DR BB CABINET

HTH

Andy

I had a look at it in the flesh today. Very nice. I need to buy myself a house with a garage to put the toolkit in first, though.

Beware the spanners are poor.

I bought a set of them as a back up. I wasted my money as they always seem to slip off.

Beware the spanners are poor.

I bought a set of them as a back up. I wasted my money as they always seem to slip off.

There are many happy users of Halfords Professional tools, including myself. I've never experienced the problem you describe so maybe you've got a set from a bad batch. There's a lifetime guarantee so no harm in taking them back for another set.

I gave them away to a former apprentice.

I do use spanners everyday and I do need the best quality and the Halfords were not good enough for everyday use. I know of a few techs that bought them and don't use them because they slip.

It's generally the same with their Torx sockets too. I got fed up with taking them back because they snapped all the time.

Halford's pro stuff is pretty good as DIY tools go, but compared to the likes of Snap-On spanners/sockets etc I can see where Ollie is coming from.

Snap-on have the flank drive jaws which are superb, I've not come across a better spanner.

The difference is a set of 10 (10-19mm) snap on spanners will cost you £300. Not economically viable for most home tool kits. The larger spanners can cost £40/50++ each.

Will

I have a set of the flank drive spanners. Mega money but worth their weight in gold. I also have a set of the ratchet spanners too.

There is no other spanner worth buying in my eyes.

Halford's pro stuff is pretty good as DIY tools go, but compared to the likes of Snap-On spanners/sockets etc I can see where Ollie is coming from.

Snap-on have the flank drive jaws which are superb, I've not come across a better spanner.

The difference is a set of 10 (10-19mm) snap on spanners will cost you £300. Not economically viable for most home tool kits. The larger spanners can cost £40/50++ each.

Will

I quite like Britool spanners, now made by Facom, there always seem to be a few offers around on them too.

http://www.primetools.co.uk/getinfo.php?product=10692

http://www.northerntooluk.com/products.asp?partno=157E

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom