Hallgraves and Lee Plymouth

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jmn

Has anyone used this company,which is the MB approved repairer in the Plymouth area?

An SLK32 AMG which I am purchasing from an independent trader is going into this repairer for some bodywork repairs including rust on bootlid and rear wheel arch.

The trader seems to think that authorisation from MB is quite quick. When I phoned MB Plymouth I was told it was about 6-8 weeks.

Having pointed this out to the seller he advised that if authorisation was this slow he would pay for repairs himself at Hallgraves and Lee.

Would this prevent me making further claims for rust repairs in the future?

Car has full MB history with last service in December 2008.

Has anyone used this company,which is the MB approved repairer in the Plymouth area?

An SLK32 AMG which I am purchasing from an independent trader is going into this repairer for some bodywork repairs including rust on bootlid and rear wheel arch.

The trader seems to think that authorisation from MB is quite quick. When I phoned MB Plymouth I was told it was about 6-8 weeks.

Having pointed this out to the seller he advised that if authorisation was this slow he would pay for repairs himself at Hallgraves and Lee.

Would this prevent me making further claims for rust repairs in the future?

Car has full MB history with last service in December 2008.

Yes, they did my C55 exhaust conversion on my C200K last year, replaced centre wheel well and exhaust system. I used them as MB approved and the work was done to a high standard although i have never used for bodywork. On a secondary note, they lost my key, but replaced it within 24 hours to one of the new bling chrome ones.

I used this company in December 2007, after I rear ended another car. My damage was quite extensive and required a new bonnet and front end, including the air-con radiator. The final bill was about £4K. I was most disappointed with the end result and I had to go back to them on 3-4 occasions.
When I collected the car first of all, after waiting an extra week or two for their final inspection, I tried to open the bonnet to check the radiator etc. The bonnet catch was still broken from the crash, so there was no way that they could have inspected it to check over their work. Also the bonnet was not correctly alligned and the near side was higher than the other side. A few screws were missing from the plastic surround under the bonnet, the spotlights were both loose, there were about a dozen or so small blemishes in the paintwork on the bonnet which had to be rubbed down again and various other small problems. These were all rectified after a while but I was very dissapointed. I also lost a small container which held my parking change, although I can't prove who took it, but it was there when I took the car in and not there when I collected it, so you have to draw your own conclusions. I have used HGL on several occaisions over the last 20 years or so and never had any problems then. I do wonder that they may have got too big.
Of course these are purely my own thoughts on the experience I had with them and although I did tell the service manager of my concerns, no apologies were forth coming. If I had to have work done again, I think that I would be extremely careful to remove all of my personal effects, (which I should have done ), and make doubly sure that all the work has been carried out satisfactorily.
I must stress that this is a true account of MY OWN experience with them and it may have been an isolated case, however, I am not writing this to be vindictive nor do I have any axe to grind with them, I am just letting you know what happened to me.
Please treat this post as a purely personal submission, as I do not want any legal battles or aggro.
I hope that this will inform you and make you better prepared.
SWS

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom