Halogen Lamp Ban - September.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Are there many new cars sold these days that don't have LED headlamps as standard?
There are plenty. Especially in Ford’s line up with their standard ‘Projector’ Headlamps.

There are plenty. Especially in Ford’s line up with their standard ‘Projector’ Headlamps.

That's surprising... even my 2016 Suzuki had LEDs which were standard for the trim level.

Even more so given that manufacturers are trying to 'milk' every bit of mpg (and low CO2 emissions) from their vehicles, and having 4x55W heat-generators can't be aiding their cause.

Not sure what the problem with retooling is.

Cars and white goods, for example, are forever changing and need retooling.

Otherwise we'd still be driving around in late 19th century cars and doing chores by hand.

That's surprising... even my 2016 Suzuki had LEDs which were standard for the trim level.

I know someone who bought a new Audi A1 in 2015 and that had halogens and they were shyte.

Had to be immediately replaced with brighter bulbs as it was useful at night.

Landfill is the best place for halogens.

The lower order cars may have clever light clusters to give the appearance of LED but you can still see they are halogen by how long they take to illuminate compared to LEDs.

Must be cheaper to use halogens still I presume. Maybe eventually they will die a death hopefully...

Even more so given that manufacturers are trying to 'milk' every bit of mpg (and low CO2 emissions) from their vehicles, and having 4x55W heat-generators can't be aiding their cause.
Yeah. I agree. Even spec’ing up a new transit a while back LED’s we’re a £650 option over the standard Halogen Projectors. 🤷‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom