Hamilton Autotech Corfe Mullen MB Indy in Dorset.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AMGeed

MB Club Veteran
SUPPORTER
Car
W210 E280 x2, w211 E55, W212 E63 biturbo, S204 C180K
I took my E55 to Richard Hamilton today for an A service including oil (which I supplied and he had no problem with that) filter and brake fluid change.
He is a one man band operating from a very nice and well equipped workshop at the rear of his bungalow which houses a lift and he has Star to update any digital service record.

I already knew the price having asked for a quote beforehand and his email was followed up by a phone call to check it was acceptable. His rates are extremely good (£48 ph inc VAT) and my service was calculated at 2.6hrs plus parts.

As its a little way off the main road I expected to have a long walk or catch a bus to find somewhere to have a coffee whilst the work was done. He surprised me by offering his courtesy car to take home which was a bonus.
I also asked before I left what his opinion was without Star why I couldn't operate my passenger side window or adjust the wing mirror from the master switches on the drivers side. He said he put it on Star to check.
I got a phone call at lunchtime telling me the car was ready to collect and I made my way back.
I was greeted by a full Star readout of the whole car, including stored and current faults which were then cleared and only a couple returned after driving the car on a post service test.
The window now operated after he re coded the replacement door control module I fitted about 3 years ago to stop current draw. It was never programmed for a car with memory seats which is needed.
The Star test revealed I have broken wires in the n/s door mirror stopping it being operated from the drivers switch. A job for tomorrow.

His inspection revealed a couple of split front suspension bushes and a rear tyre at 3.5mm tread. I'm having oe parts priced and emailed to me for an idea of cost when I return.

So, in summary, I have found a really good indy just 6 miles from my home where I received good friendly service from an ex MB Tech at a great hourly rate. Well worth a visit if you are in Dorset or west Hampshire.20190701_203006.jpg 20190701_203144.jpg

Incidentally, none of the three suspension advisories were picked up during my last MOT on 5th June:oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom