Hamilton King Khaki 2 Engraved by hand.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Came across this over ebay. Actual watch on sale is around 600 USD, msrp is 1200 USD. But this artist takes weeks to get the engraving right by hand, and is asking 1600 USD for this. I just wanted to see what people in UK felt about it. Its a solid 'No' from you all.
Horses for courses.

Excellent for Texas, and it would go well with my tooled Lucchese 1883 cowboy boots - but not quite the thing for Sloane Square.

Fascinated by the pricing on that Snoopy Speedmaster: "nowt so queer as folks," as we say round this way.

But cheaper than one of Ed Sheeran's million pound watches, I guess.

Screenshot 2022-02-16 at 08.42.09.png

Horses for courses.

Excellent for Texas, and it would go well with my tooled Lucchese 1883 cowboy boots - but not quite the thing for Sloane Square.

Fascinated by the pricing on that Snoopy Speedmaster: "nowt so queer as folks," as we say round this way.

View attachment 123987
Not a bad mark-up, given Omega listed it at around £8.5K

I really like the engraving and I have a soft spot for highly skilled artisan work (e.g. the 5exy leadwork thread by @Darrell )

This would go well in my large, glass display case (that I don't have) of unusual watches and jewellery in the large upstairs hall in my country house (that I don't own).

However, I'm not sure I'd ever choose to wear it, regardless of how good the engraving is.

Horses for courses.

View attachment 123987
Yes the other nice one is the Tintin Speedmaster. Quite an interesting story as to how it came about:

Tintin Speedy

Bit cheaper than the Snoopy as well!

Came across this over ebay. Actual watch on sale is around 600 USD, msrp is 1200 USD. But this artist takes weeks to get the engraving right by hand, and is asking 1600 USD for this. I just wanted to see what people in UK felt about it. Its a solid 'No' from you all.

I'm not a solid 'no' on this.

Watches are a personal and illogical thing and I see people spending large amounts on brands that I think 'meh' because I don't see anything special or different apart from the fact it cost more. OTOH people can look at my choice and go 'meh' because they don't see the point .

On that basis I think putting the money and effort into the engraving is potentially a better personal and emotional investment compared with say a 'generic' bland unremarkable Rolex.

I'm not a solid 'no' on this.

Watches are a personal and illogical thing and I see people spending large amounts on brands that I think 'meh' because I don't see anything special or different apart from the fact it cost more. OTOH people can look at my choice and go 'meh' because they don't see the point .

On that basis I think putting the money and effort into the engraving is potentially a better personal and emotional investment compared with say a 'generic' bland unremarkable Rolex.
Must admit I treated myself to a Rolex a few years back and sold it 3 months later was always having kittens about wearing the damn thing now I stick to my Oris Dive and Pilots watches which I love but they are tough enough to take a few knocks and repairs dont cost more than a new one! wearing this one at the moment but with a black canvas rather than green strap

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom