Hamilton officially charged over aussie gp burnout

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chiefski26

Banned
Car
c63 c43
Lewis Hamilton has been officially charged for his 'over-exuberance' with the company C63 AMG before the Australian Grand Prix in March. Hamilton's Australian solicitor has been served with a summons, charging Lewis with intentionally losing control of a vehicle.
Hamilton was stopped by the Victoria state police and had his company Mercedes impounded for two days for allegedly doing a burnout at the entrance to the Albert Park track on 26 March - thus contravening Victoria's strict 'anti-hoon' laws.
The case is set to come before the Melbourne Magistrates Court on 24 August. That's just five days before the Belgian GP, so the chances of Lewis attending in person seem pretty slim.
Still, whatever the Magistrates' verdict, the whole episode sends a pretty clear message to any potentially over-exuberant drivers heading to Melbourne: the police are watching your tyre smoke...

How do they intend to prove that Hamilton lost control? He was only spinning the wheels and this isn't necessarily losing contol to my mind.

And the Aussies say we're a load of whingers.....talk about the pot calling the kettle black....

Strewth mate - get a life...:doh:

In control or not, charge him for being a cocky tw@. Concentrate on matters in hand and he might have won the race, fastest in practice, winner in 2008.

Is this directed at me?

No-- that should read

"You talkin' to me?" ;)

If its standard policy to charge some good ol boy from the outback in his Holden "Ute" for doing this I don't see why they shouldn't charge Hamilton for doing the same thing.:doh:

If its standard policy to charge some good ol boy from the outback in his Holden "Ute" for doing this I don't see why they shouldn't charge Hamilton for doing the same thing.:doh:

But they recognise that "some good ol boy from the outback in his Holden 'Ute' " is out of control as soon as he starts moving!!;)

Nope. Are you an Aussie? It was directed at the Aussies who are always calling us whinging Poms. Lol.

Sorry for the confusion - I lived there for 18 years (Irish but Aussie wife).

Reason I asked was that only last week, there was a conversation at a meet where people were commenting on people from Oz whinging over here and I thought there had been some groundshift move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom