Hampton Court Flower Show

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mattc

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A4, 1994 E320 Coupe, 1995 E300 estate
One for our southern members. I am off to the above tomorrow and typically come in via Esher on the A307. Some years that route is fine but others it's over an hours crawl. So my question is "Would I be better using the A3 to Richmond park and then approaching HC from the east via the a308?"

Cheers

Matt

Did you say Hampton Court Flower Show...??

Yes Will; I don't get to see my mother as much as I would like however this is the one thing each year we always do together.

I live in Hampton court , the whole area is one big car park at flower show time , hence why I am in Cornwall at the moment.

You will queue on the 308 from the top of the m3 until the flower show , the other way , you will queue from before Kingston bridge to the flower show.

Only real hope is to get to teddington / twickenham , get parked and get a bus ( still a nightmare as only part of the route is bus lanes ) or a train.

You could park in teddington and walk through bushy park ( approx 1 mile ) but this would be no good if you are going to buy plants there.

Normally I would say get to Kingston and get a trip boat to Hampton court , but all the trip boats are doing side to side ferrying for the flower show from the station to the gates ! Lol

I live in Hampton court , the whole area is one big car park at flower show time , hence why I am in Cornwall at the moment.

You will queue on the 308 from the top of the m3 until the flower show , the other way , you will queue from before Kingston bridge to the flower show.

Only real hope is to get to teddington / twickenham , get parked and get a bus ( still a nightmare as only part of the route is bus lanes ) or a train.

You could park in teddington and walk through bushy park ( approx 1 mile ) but this would be no good if you are going to buy plants there.

Normally I would say get to Kingston and get a trip boat to Hampton court , but all the trip boats are doing side to side ferrying for the flower show from the station to the gates ! Lol

I think this is suggesting you visit your local nursery.

Train to HC then ferry across the river. Wife did it on Wednesday, no problems.

Park up at Surbiton & get train.

I live about three miles away and the jam is stationary outside my house, like Howard says back to the M3. It's just as bad in the evening in the other direction. You will spend more time in traffic jams than you will at the show.

Get a train to Hampton Court, the palace is less than a minute away on foot.

Last edited:
Thanks for the various suggestions. With 2 old dears in the car I will be trying to park as close as possible. I guess I just suffer the traffic. I will avoid the sunbury side of things though-did that one year and it was awful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom