hand print on w204 door pillar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

roobler

Car
C220
Hi All,

After months of trying to remove it after every clean, I have given up and thought I would ask for help. On my door pillar, I seem to have a hand print which just won't budge. I never noticed when I purchased the car. It must be some sort of oil or cleaning product that was used when the car was in sunlight or something similar.

I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience or could off help.

If you cant get it cleaned off just replace the black cover, they are not that expensive.

You are on a roll today, I never knew you could replace them. Thanks very much :) :bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:

I have seen this before and it is caused by sun / hand cream, some of the properties of which react with the surface of the lacquer.

It can be removed using a mild compound and a machine polisher (it needs to be 'cut' out).

Agreed, its usually sun cream and compounding usually fixes it, though I've had some success with a good pre-wax cleaner by hand

You are on a roll today, I never knew you could replace them. Thanks very much :) :bannana::bannana::bannana::bannana:
I have 2 in my workshop ready to fit to mw W203 when I get round to it. They appear just to clip in and have a strip of double sided tape on the back to keep them in place.
£31.80 + VAT (each)

I have 2 in my workshop ready to fit to mw W203 when I get round to it. They appear just to clip in and have a strip of double sided tape on the back to keep them in place.
£31.80 + VAT (each)

where did you get them from?

Hi have you tried a magic sponge on it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom