Hand Scanner - MaxiDiag EU702

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

proser

Car
W210 E320Cdi Estate
Has anybody used one of these, as looking for something to have for the W210.
I know I'll need to get the adapter cable.

Looking for views on useability etc, or something alternative to this.

Mark a couple of us on here have got the u581 from e bay iirc £70.

Just had a look that looks quiet good especially the abs and srs bit, looks like its a lot more capable than the u581.

Not sure its worth £185 though, but like most scan tools once used a couple of times they have paid for themselves, so far in the last 16mths on both cars i have only had to use it once to sort a out a real problem , lisas cps, so saving recovery then dealer diagnostics time and ultimately their extortiante labour rate to replace the cps.

Mine works via the cheapo adaptor cable or via the obd port under the dash, obd port apparently only on 01 and 02 w210.

Lynall

Last edited:
Not sure its worth £185 though, but like most scan tools once used a couple of times they have paid for themselves, so far in the last 16mths on both cars i have only had to use it once to sort a out a real problem , lisas cps, so saving recovery then dealer diagnostics time and ultimately their extortiante labour rate to replace the cps.

I know where you are coming from regarding price, but then my LR diags are still earning me money :D. Last couple of days I have been sorting out a Defender TD5 ecu replacement, after the guy decided to go swimming in the sea with it. But he also fried the ABS ECU and now the no charge light is permanently on :crazy:. So far the bill is £100 and that's with no spannering

I was quoted the 702 being the only one able to do my srs and other stuff from autotec direct. The sales guy offered me 10% off, but still a lot .

Mind, just paid nearly fifty to an indy who told me less than I already new with auto logic (star) equivalent.

Thats different if you can earn money from it i would get a good one.

Read some good things about Gendan.

What are you using for the td5 Nanocom?

Lynall

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom