Handbrake MOT fail ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well, adjusted it and took it back, no difference, needs new shoes and cables so left it with them and said fix it, £320, still, most I have had to spend on it in almost two years.

Yep, my thoughts entirely but am a bit stuck, its in there, the MOT has now run out and I dont have time to sort it at the moment, looks a bit of a pain doing the cables without a ramp.

I am beaten this time, have sorted everything else on it thus far.

not far how much is true and whether am being held over a barre to get an MOT, apparently the handbrake shoes had "disintegrated" and you have to drop the exahust to get at the cables, may be ********, may be correct, dont know but dont want to spend my weekend under it, then take it back, pay for another MOT as its ten days after the first and the rest no longer applies.

Also got a broken Astra on the path !

Was "only" £220 in the end, I made noises about "Would love to see the handbrake shoes that disintegrated and the cables", turns out it didnt have cables so we have graciously knocked £100 off, was apparently the return spring had snapped, does feel better to be fair.

Was "only" £220 in the end, I made noises about "Would love to see the handbrake shoes that disintegrated and the cables", turns out it didnt have cables so we have graciously knocked £100 off, was apparently the return spring had snapped, does feel better to be fair.

It didn't have cables...or it didn't need cables? I'm sure it#s like most other MB it has cables.

Anyway, when well maintained these are as effective as any. Mine holds well on any steep hill I've had to park on.

It didn't have cables...or it didn't need cables? I'm sure it#s like most other MB it has cables.

Anyway, when well maintained these are as effective as any. Mine holds well on any steep hill I've had to park on.

Initially they thought the cables were knackered but it was the return spring had snapped so the cables were ok.

They said they had to drop part of the exhaust but I couldn't tell where they had done that, the bolts were the same crusty ones, would expect a smell of sealant and a new clamp or two but couldnt see any, was stuck as needed it fixed, but, to be honest doing it on the drive on axle stands isnt fun, can do a lot o things but without a ramp stuff like this is a ballache.

Love the car but really, could do with moving it on now and getting something a bit cheaper to run for a while whilst the kids are at Uni, just not sure what it is worth, much less than six, may as well hang onto it. Its amazing, see pre facelifts at ten grand, dont think they ever sell though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom