Handbrake on clk 200 w208

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

moss

Car
w208 clk 200
i have a 2001 clk200 with the handbrake near your foot, to release it to drive off you pull a release lever just below your headlight switch, everytime i release it to drive off it makes a awful clunk, not a nice smooth release, a loud clunk, and im off, it totally releases so isnt jamming.. does anyone else have this problem, is there a way around it ?
thanks

All Mercs ive been in 'Clunk' never really bothered me as its no worse than the clicking sound of a standard handbrake...

That's normal for most Mercs. My car's handbrake makes the exact same noise, at first i found it annoying, but now i have gotten use to it.

Last edited:
Put your foot on it as you release it, then it won't bang against the stop.

Exactly what I do. I think they must fit some sort of damper now, a W204 I drove didn't make any noise when the brake was released.

I love listning out for that clunk, i love it when people actually think that there is something wrong when they hear it!!!!:bannana:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dieselman

Same here, one foot on brake pedal, other on hendbrake lever and pull handle and let your foot come up.

Lynall

My 98 W210 was the same it clunked every time it was released but the W209 doesn’t it’s just a click.
Jim.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom