Handbrake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

amolak

Car
B200Turbo & V350
Hi, Once the handbrake is applied (via the small foot pedal), does it automatically release when you re-enter the car or do you still need to pull the release handle.

Reason why I ask is that each time I start a new journey the brake seems to have released already without me having to pull the release handle.

Thanks
w220 2000

No, you should have to pull the release handle. The car will alert you if you try to drive off with the brake still applied

that doesn't sound right to me, mine has to be released, I have a W210 tho:dk:

Hi, Once the handbrake is applied (via the small foot pedal), does it automatically release when you re-enter the car or do you still need to pull the release handle.

Reason why I ask is that each time I start a new journey the brake seems to have released already without me having to pull the release handle.

Thanks
w220 2000

u have to pull handle otherwise waring come on dash

On new S classes when you engage drive the park brake releases,.. don't know about 2000 car. I would pull it just to make sure.

Well mine is always relased automatically when I go back to the car. Perhaps its got the automatic release function?
Its a 2000 S500L

Well mine is always relased automatically when I go back to the car. Perhaps its got the automatic release function?
Its a 2000 S500L

When you say "go back to the car" do you mean even before selecting D or using the ignition?

The fact you have a release hand might suggest it isn't automatic?

When you say "go back to the car" do you mean even before selecting D or using the ignition?

The fact you have a release hand might suggest it isn't automatic?

Yes even before selecting D

Thanks
w220 2000

if it has auto release why would there be a release handle?

New S has release handle with auto release.

On new S classes when you engage drive the park brake releases,.. don't know about 2000 car. I would pull it just to make sure.

Not on a 2003 W220 - you must pull to release the parking brake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom