Handbrakes!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
I love my SLK, has black Birds Eye Maple and Black leather interior and looks coooooooooooool:bannana:

Steering wheel is half wood half leather, gorgeous to hold. Gear stick - or whatever you call it in an auto - is also half n half, very nice, BUT, the handbrake as crappy black plasticy stuff.:( Looks OK, but could look so much better.

The interior on my MGF was cream leather with door skins, gear knob and handbrake all matching - looked really nice. So, can I mod my SLK's handbrake? If so, what to and how much is it likely to rush me, is fitting hard!! MB would have to do it.

Ooh errr, starting the mod route - have also been looking at new alloys too:( ;) but don't tell 'im indoors:cool: ;)

Do you have a proper hand brake? Or the foot operated brake most Mercs have?

RichardM said:
Do you have a proper hand brake? Or the foot operated brake most Mercs have?
A proper one:D

pammy said:
A proper one:D
I'm sure Brabus do something that would fit the bill - probably extortionately expensive though - worth giving them a call.

S.

You could always wrap it in interior-coloured leather, or see if the final edition SLK has a different handbrake lever :)

yes, the slk handbrake lever is cheap crap. i've wondered whether a good upholsterer could wrap it in leather??? not too keen on the aluminium ones that seem to be the only alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom