Handheld for E63? Recommended Re-map.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rataxes

Car
E63s
Just traded my C63 in for an E63 S. I had a Eurocharged handheld and re-map for the C63 which transformed the car. It was also useful for when the car went to the dealer and I could return it to standard.

Is there such a thing for the E63 and if not can anyone recommend a re-map?

Cheers.

Can't help 9n the e63 but have a c63 and been thinking about the hand held from eurocharged. Did you ever have any issues when taking it back to the main dealer

Have a chat with Acid at MSL. He is well up on tuning the E63 BiTurbo.

Daveenty on here has a highly tuned E63 Biturbo putting out around 750bhp, courtesy of MSL.

Have a chat with Acid at MSL. He is well up on tuning the E63 BiTurbo.

Daveenty on here has a highly tuned E63 Biturbo putting out around 750bhp, courtesy of MSL.

I bet that's a barrel of laughs, it's not exactly slow to start with!

I bet that's a barrel of laughs, it's not exactly slow to start with!

The gearbox is off to Weistec soon to ensure its good for more hp:bannana:
Its just a mad car. The engine is bonkers.:bannana: It will be my next car.

Just traded my C63 in for an E63 S. I had a Eurocharged handheld and re-map for the C63 which transformed the car. It was also useful for when the car went to the dealer and I could return it to standard.

Is there such a thing for the E63 and if not can anyone recommend a re-map?

Cheers.

I had a handheld my genius from my c63 amg. Acid at Msl performance said it cannot be used to put a map on or off the cls 63 amg s as the ecu is opened to put the map on.

If you use Msl you will see at least 700 bhp :thumb:

I would recommend both MSL and Eurocharged UK. MSL used to do Eurocharged US maps but don't know if the ones they do now are their own, either way they know their stuff.

You cannot map the newer turbo engines via the obd port.

The solution I went with was to buy a second dart ecu, this meant I had a mapped one and then a standard one for dealer visits etc. A combination of this and downpipes gave me approx 760bhp at its height on my CLS shooting brake.

* second blank not "dart" ECU - autocorrect stupidity !

Should also have said that both MSL and Eurocharged can arrange this for you.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

How much is a spare ECU? I couldn't do with the hassle of the re-map being wiped at the dealer and having to have it re- done.

Last time I checked with Merc they weren't selling blank ECU's because they clocked on to people remapping them and using them in that way.

They might have relaxed on the selling them but I doubt it.

Thanks everyone for the replies.

How much is a spare ECU? I couldn't do with the hassle of the re-map being wiped at the dealer and having to have it re- done.

I *may* just have one for sale. My car goes in for it's last service under warranty next week so hopefully I shouldn't need it after that.

It'll obviously want re-coding to your car, but MSL should be able to sort this out for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom