Handing Back Leased or PCP Agility Cars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hawk20

MB Enthusiast
Car
ML250 BlueTEC Sport Jan 2013
Returning Lease/PCP/Agility cars at end of lease.

Members buying/leasing cars on Personal Contract plans like MB Agility or who contract hire or lease face the possibility of extra charges when returning the car : -
EITHER for excess mileage above the agreed figure) (rates are usually in the contract)
OR for dinks, dents, scratches, kerbed alloys etc.

Many are worried about the possibility of being overcharged. The BVRLA have a standard for what needs to be paid for and some firms will give an independent assessment –before you return the car- of what you should be charged.

Five questions to ask before returning your lease car...

1. Ask your lease company, do you have to pay for small dents, scratches, scuffed bumpers, and kerbed wheels, in other words, excess wear and tear?

2. Ask how much you will be charged, they may be able to provide you with a list of charges? If not they may be able to quote you for specific items of damage. Some lease companies will allow you to e-mail them pictures.

3. Does your lease company inspect cars to the BVRLA Fair Wear & Tear Standard or do they have their own variation, and can they provide you with a copy?

4. Do they give the option of a pre-inspection which will tell you what you are likely to be charged for and so give you a chance to put it right yourself?

5. Does the lease company require you to have the car cleaned/valeted before it's returned?

Grateful thanks to http://www.clean-image.co.uk/lease-returns.htm who will give an independent assessment or arrange for repairs to be done.

The RAC offer a service too - inspection to BVRLA standards before you hand the car back for £75.
http://www.racbusiness.co.uk/inspections/small-fleets/

Anyone know any others?

MB send out a pack with a 'damage gauge' and clearly set out standards of what they will accept and not accept.

IIRC you can also take your car to the MB vehicle return centre for them to pre-inspect it prior to your contract return so that you can get an idea of whether they will surcharge you. Think the centre is in Warwickshire or thereabouts?

MB send out a pack with a 'damage gauge' and clearly set out standards of what they will accept and not accept.

IIRC you can also take your car to the MB vehicle return centre for them to pre-inspect it prior to your contract return so that you can get an idea of whether they will surcharge you. Think the centre is in Warwickshire or thereabouts?

Thanks for that. Do you happen to know if that is only for business users or does it cover private buyers with a PCP as well?

Thanks for that. Do you happen to know if that is only for business users or does it cover private buyers with a PCP as well?

Think it is for Agility as well, I read it on the MB Finance website. I'll see if I can find it.

There's also things that aren't advertised, e.g. you can request a quote to extend your Agility for a further year to continue payments and get a new guaranteed value, etc.

Think it is for Agility as well, I read it on the MB Finance website. I'll see if I can find it.

There's also things that aren't advertised, e.g. you can request a quote to extend your Agility for a further year to continue payments and get a new guaranteed value, etc.

Thanks indeed. Great video on the MB website under finance which gives lots of details about end of lease and PCP's/Agility. Apparently you can either have the car collected at the end of the lease/PCP or you can take it to their de-fleeting centre near Stratford on Avon. If you do that, to my surprise, they give you and another person a complimentary night in a local hotel. Or you can choose a complimentary chauffeur service to return you back home or a complimentary rental car. Lots of other info there too: -
Mercedes-Benz UK - Existing finance customers - Vehicle Return Standards

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom