Handsfree Kit & Amp/Subs Muting Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MecrazyBenz

Car
w204 C320 CDI Sport
Hi

The company I work for recently paid for a handsfree kit from Halfords costing £99. :)
The kit is pretty good, the stereo mutes, and the call can be heard from the car speakers.

After having the kit installed, I installed an amp and sub. :D

My problem is, when I receive a call, the stereo will mute, but the sub remains active :confused:

Is anybody aware of anyway to mute the amp when a call is received?

I thought Id pose the question here before calling Halfords, though im not holding my breath on them as I didnt purchase the amp from them ?

Thanks in advanced.

PS. iv connected the handsfree kit/amp to a Sony MD HU - MDX-8500R.

The kit propbably uses a ISO block pass through and simply effectivly disconnects the headunits speaker wires when a call is recieved.

What you really need is a handsfree kit that utilises the head units telephone mute, hence mutes the source not the output.

GrahamC230K said:
The kit propbably uses a ISO block pass through and simply effectivly disconnects the headunits speaker wires when a call is recieved.

What you really need is a handsfree kit that utilises the head units telephone mute, hence mutes the source not the output.

Thanks Graham.
Your correct there, the kit does connect via the ISO block, as iv had a look.

Is there no way of attaching the telephone blue mute wire on HU to the handsfree kit wiring in the ISO block - i.e. possibly to the [cable?] that disconnects the headunits speaker when a call is received? :crazy: :confused:

Probably not.
Il just have to live with muting the HU myself when a call is received, just to mute the sub :rolleyes:
i suppose I cant complain much as the kit was provided and installed at no expense to me, but still would have been nice to work correctly.

MecrazyBenz said:
Thanks Graham.
Your correct there, the kit does connect via the ISO block, as iv had a look.

Is there no way of attaching the telephone blue mute wire on HU to the handsfree kit wiring in the ISO block - i.e. possibly to the [cable?] that disconnects the headunits speaker when a call is received? :crazy: :confused:

Probably not.
Il just have to live with muting the HU myself when a call is received, just to mute the sub :rolleyes:
i suppose I cant complain much as the kit was provided and installed at no expense to me, but still would have been nice to work correctly.

Last time I looked mute was PIN 3 on the power block "ISO A".

miro said:
Last time I looked mute was PIN 3 on the power block "ISO A".

Might just have a go at that..............without savaging the wiring too much.
Hope it works. Cheers Miro.

The halfords phone kits are manufactured by PAMA, if you run a halfords phone kit and then fit an aftermerket sub and amp, there is a mute box available from PAMA through Halfords which cuts the remote live to the amps when a phone call mutes the speakers. Most of the staff dont seem to know they are available though.
Cheap and easy to install.

That was some time ago now, and since then I have changed vehicle. Have not got round to installing my amp/sub, but I am using the same handsfree kit. Will investigate should I install the amp/sub again.

Thanks for the information though. :)

storey80 said:
The halfords phone kits are manufactured by PAMA, if you run a halfords phone kit and then fit an aftermerket sub and amp, there is a mute box available from PAMA through Halfords which cuts the remote live to the amps when a phone call mutes the speakers. Most of the staff dont seem to know they are available though.
Cheap and easy to install.

MecrazyBenz said:
That was some time ago now, and since then I have changed vehicle. Have not got round to installing my amp/sub, but I am using the same handsfree kit. Will investigate should I install the amp/sub again.

Thanks for the information though. :)
I love it when someone resurrects a post from yonks ago! Nice efficient use of the forum! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom