Handsome e500

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Strong money but what a lovely colour!

Am I the only one who likes Brilliant Silver with the AMG alloys :)

Am I the only one who likes Brilliant Silver with the AMG alloys :)

No, I do too.

Lots of people must like it though, possibly the most popular colour for an MB for more than a decade. Only recently has it become less popular.

Gorgeous colour and spec

Love that dark green. Looks like it's had a recent machine polish to really bring out that colour. And generally condition looks great.

A beautiful colour to own, I used to have BMW's in Boston Green.

But the devil's own trouble to sell. Lot's of people just won't buy Green because of "bad luck." (Back from the days when the countryside was green, and lights were poor, so BRG didn't stand out as a colour). These days, in grey cities and amongst grey and silver cars, it stands out really well.

Good that plugs and all the extras were done only 9k miles ago, but odd that the car has only done 3k miles a year for the last three years, and that the 2015 service was done by MSC, an Auto Electrician (who also does mileage correction), and not a normal garage.

But plausible mileage if it's the weekend family car.

Last edited:
Still can't understand why there aren't more coloured cars.

Coloured cars.

bc8f32abfcf752cf587a4525870a2321.jpg

Still can't understand why there aren't more coloured cars.

Amen to that....

I get the business about production runs and simplicity, but surely, people must like different colours. Why have we become so cautious on colour?

Brilliant silver is a great colour, but a few more colours would liven things up a bit?

It's all so subjective.

Love the spec of that car and the miles.

And almost liked the fact it was a dark colour....until I clicked and saw it was green.

Just not a fan, personally.

It it were silver, grey, black or (dark) blue it would (to my eyes) be a perfect example.

Your average MD carpark is a picture of greyscale with the very occasional colour, mainly in A and B class. Just seems odd to me. Did everyone in the last 10 years only buy grey, black and silver. It isn't just MB mind, when I wanted a 996 they were mainly the options too but I found a beautiful cobalt blue one. Shame I didn't really get on with the car!

Your average MD carpark is a picture of greyscale with the very occasional colour, mainly in A and B class. Just seems odd to me. Did everyone in the last 10 years only buy grey, black and silver. It isn't just MB mind, when I wanted a 996 they were mainly the options too but I found a beautiful cobalt blue one. Shame I didn't really get on with the car!

The very first time I was able to spec the colour of a new car it was a 200SX in 1997.

The only colour I really wanted was the gunmetal grey that BM's came in in those days but Nissan didn't do it. I narrowed it down to flat black which I didn't want and a weird sort of purpley-grey. Went for the latter and in the dusk from a distance it almost looked grey but when the sun came out so did the purple. Ugh.

The next one I bought in 2000 was dark metallic green but my excuse was that this one was s/h and I had no control over the choice of the original buyer. I've had worse green cars but I was never keen.

Then in 2003 I dicovered C43's. Bought a silver one. Then a few years later another silver one. Would have accpeted Tanzanite blue but more than happy with silver.

When I went 211 E500 it was also silver.

When thinking of replacing it my shortlist was for a facelift 211 E500 in silver or black or a 212 in grey (ideally). Or black. Or silver.

Ended up in a Tanzanite blue one in the end.

But basically I spend 17 of the preceding 20 years in something silver or grey and, given my first choices would have done 20 out of 20.

Some of us LIKE those colours!

There is a very similar E500 parks near my work, in that same green and it looks lovely. I'm a fan of that dark green, it's a rare colour on the roads.

My 2003 S211 is in Andradite Green with a grey interior. It does seem a rare colour, as I have not seen any other similar colour cars. It looks almost black in bright sunshine and has a real depth of shine when polished up. I prefer to be different, and have a colour rather than standard silver.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom