Handy hint..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz_l

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Mini Cooper S, BMW M140i
Useful ice making tip for the hot weather. Bagged ice immediately sold out and we don’t have an ice cube tray. However, I found 3 metal foil food dishes in the cupboard. Light bulb moment. Put water in foil dish, place in freezer. Freezes down pretty quickly. Once frozen, extract and tip out block of ice onto chopping board. Foil dish is flexible so it comes out easily. Place block of ice into freezer bag. Select a hammer of your choosing (preferably a clean one). Strike block of ice a few times until broken up, tie up freezer bag and pop back into freezer ready for use. Hey presto, “smashed” ice, and it didn’t cost a quid a bag either. You’re welcome..BF13F19D-9842-4D6A-8095-590710D5E523.jpeg

I just go to my local with a large plastic freezer box and fill it from their ice making machine. Return home and stick in my freezer.

Last edited:
I just use the ice maker in my fridge/freezer and decide if I want cubes or crushed.

We just use ice cube bags. Fill and bung in the freezer
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We don't like ice cubes. To be honest, we don't like anything frozen. We prefer fresh...

We don't like ice cubes. To be honest, we don't like anything frozen. We prefer fresh...
Not keen on frozen either, prefer my ice cubes fresh straight out of the tap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom